" Just another JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian did you work for Les? My Dad helped teach Bolly to fly in n the 70s! some of his early tuned pipes leaked like a sieve! I thought I'd read some of your SSP pipes had references directly linking early Bolly pipes to SSP designs? Is that correct? Also are you the original owner of SSP pipes?

Carl, Bradley, I do design SPP pipes and make the molds but I dont own the business! Not all the designs are mine, some date back to the previous business, Bolly Pipes, others were made to customer dimensions!

Good information thanks Ian your boats are running fast and smooth and look good on the water from what I've seen on youtube. I worked with the new owner of Bolly for year's. I used to go in there and speak with a moulding guy that was there who was very good to me.(used to give me carbon offcuts for my early endeavors) I was the first guy to bring in carbon Rifle stocks to show him back in the late 90s that I'd imported from friends in the USA. I see now that Bolly has started building rifle stock's? Thanks for the information my Dad was interested because Bolly himself just disappeared from the scene? Thanks again for the help Bradley Ward

This is what I have,Im sure its a bolly but might be wrong ,you will see the label special-d it may mean something to you as you may know.

344DC969-1ED1-4F1B-8D43-2622231FED24.jpeg

25C4AEFE-B4EA-4E85-A517-6B35906C25D5.jpeg

In the early days back when Shane Badmann? (of river runner canoes fame) was moulding for Bolly there was alot of one off experimental pipes getting done that had variations. It was a trial and error type process that had lots of items coming out that to me looked all unique and one off? Bolly had boxes in his front office full of items at sale prices that year's later I wish I had purchased. Props and Pipes all sorts of stuff. He was an innovator and in my opinion year's ahead of his time.

Finally got my 67/80 JAE ready for testing and racing. My fellow club member Aron found 2 partially built boats and sold 1 to me and the other went to Ian in Australia. I moved the engine mount forward per Martin's suggestion and the is rest as Zip Kit provides with their kit. The cowling is made from 2 Mark Bullard cowlings that I cut and assembled.The engine is a stock NR 67, CMB header, fat pipe , ABC 2519 prop and a Walt Barney fuel tank. I hope to use this as my club racing 60/80 boat and use my 67 and 45 RR hydro's for the races on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Doc the boat is too long for my box! I did get to run it this past weekend with good results. Tracks really well and turns like all the JAE's Ive built. I ran it with the NR 67, CMB fat pipe and a 2517. Next time out will be a 2519.

Back