45 titanium pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a clever setup, reminds me of the retainer for model rocket engines.

Having handled the Ti pipe, it is very light.

How's it run ??
Finally got to the lake and started with a 1457 w/ 4.75c did real well at 9.25" then to 8.75"

2217 2219 all worked well and we're fast . 2319 twisted the shaft after blowing off the water with the stock stinger size .375

The 2319 was flat on the straights and hauled in the corners. Go to cut down water next time. The pipe stays cold and I am going to wrap it also before the next time out.

Did you notice a difference????

Titanium will not conduct the heat. The pipe will not feel as hot to the touch. But the air temp in side will be hotter than aluminum. Don't think a wrap will be needed.

When I make the ti fins the metal is glowing red hot where I am grinding but the piece dose not get hot at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's it run ??
Finally got to the lake and started with a 1457 w/ 4.75c did real well at 9.25" then to 8.75"

2217 2219 all worked well and we're fast . 2319 twisted the shaft after blowing off the water with the stock stinger size .375

The 2319 was flat on the straights and hauled in the corners. Go to cut down water next time. The pipe stays cold and I am going to wrap it also before the next time out.
what size/hull were you running these props on?

How's it run ??

45 SGX 2

How's it run ??

45 SGX 2
thank you charles.

How's it run ??
Finally got to the lake and started with a 1457 w/ 4.75c did real well at 9.25" then to 8.75"2217 2219 all worked well and we're fast . 2319 twisted the shaft after blowing off the water with the stock stinger size .375

45 SGX 2
rthank you charles.
20170509_001130.jpg

so what DO YOU THINK..........was it worth the effort?

Did it show any dramatic change in the tune of the eng over the aluminum pipe?

so what DO YOU THINK..........was it worth the effort?

Did it show any dramatic change in the tune of the eng over the aluminum pipe?
Dave they are pretty much the same unless you are cutting weight only other thing is to change the cone angles and stinger length . I could go and use a lighter gage plate and cut 25% more weight of the pipe for a saw boat application.

Back