40 Coyote build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My twin Coyote, modded the sharp edges on the sponsons. Seen it run, I personally have not run it yet.
default_cool.png
==={}
Hammer,

Break that twin out this year. Twins rock (*¿*) I see a T boat down in the left hand corner

Nails

I have the Speedmaster mount installed it fit ok between the 1/4 ply that was in the engine well.

DSC04642 (1280x721).jpg

I used a Speedmaster servo mount for the rudder.

DSC04645 (1280x721).jpg

I will get a Walt Tanks to You tank and probably get a roadrunner turn fin.

Anyone have a good 40 hydro fin that would work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil, im pretty sure ive got the build/set up manual for the 40 boat...ill be glad to make a copy and send it to you if you want.....the boat on the left started out as a bone stock 40 Coyote, I still remember the first time I put it in the water....when it got on the pipe, I started shakin! Couldn't believe how fast it was! After a few years, I decided to kinda upgrade it...rubber motor mount, wider booms, roadrrunner turn fin, roadrunner lookin sponsons. It still has a K&B disk rotor motor in it.....those little motors could turn some Rs back in the day! The boat on the right is a 20 Coyote I redid a while back...that was my first sorta serious race boat!

boats 08 038.jpg

boats 08 017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the set up info from the Coyote Manual in this thread. It is in my post that is 6 posts above this post.

.....the boat on the left started out as a bone stock 40 Coyote. After a few years, I decided to kinda upgrade it...rubber motor mount, wider booms, roadrrunner turn fin, roadrunner lookin sponsons. It still has a K&B disk rotor motor in it.....those little motors could turn some Rs back in the day! The boat on the right is a 20 Coyote I redid a while back...that was my first sorta serious race boat!
original Coyote's

Got some more work done on my coyote 40 hydro.

Modded the rear sponsons to match the fronts.

Reinforced the transom with some carbon fiber.

Used a Speedmaster pipe mount on the rear of the radio box.

I received the tank from Walt B, it fit just right.

DSC04671.JPGDSC04672.JPGDSC04656 (1280x721).jpgDSC04657 (1280x721).jpg

well here is the Coyote 45 finished up. Black and neon red looks good. the neon red was a spray can paint from Ace hardware, it sprays nice and even an has a flat coat I used 2k polyu clear over it.

DSC04697 (1280x721).jpgDSC04692 (1280x721).jpgDSC04694 (1280x721).jpgDSC04696 (1280x721).jpg

Back