3rd Party Printing and 3D library: Treatstock + GrabCAD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
For anyone that does not have their own printer but does have files, Treatstock is an excellent resource. You can upload STL files, choose quantity, material, infill, colors, etc and then have multiple vendors/individuals quote the parts. I have ordered over 2 dozen different parts off Treatstock like boat stands, servo holders, switch mounts, motor mounts, boom blocks and needle block holders. The website is very interactive and has a communication portal between you and the vendor you select to print your parts. You will find some good vendors like Pharmed Prints who can do nylon with CF who are very reasonable for pricing and quick.

If you don't have CAD access to design your own parts, take a look at GrabCAD. It's a free online library where users can upload files for others to use. Many RC parts exist there and you can download 3D STL files directly for printing. I do believe you need to sign up for a free account.

For example, I uploaded a Futaba Servo Mount which is printable in CF infused Nylon: https://grabcad.com/library/futaba-bls175sv-servo-mount-flat-1

Attachments

• 3D stand.jpg
    3D stand.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
Tyler
I just use my offspring hardware. He goes by the name of Matthew and still lives at home. LOL He is excited about building/designing anything he can think of with his printer. Latest project of his is GoPro mount for his helmet. He does not like the one on top of head when riding. Made a bracket to mount to the chin piece of his helmet.

I had him build a vacuum adapter piece for my belt sander. He also built me some lettering that I made into my company sign that sits behind my desk.

He is not into boats. But it at least he got the maker genes from me.
Mike

20240322_062612.jpg20240322_062626.jpg

I'll add that anyone can have access to free basic CAD software via TinkerCad.com
Tinker CAD is especially easy to use for doing any work with Text. I wish Fusion 360 would add some text functions.

There are plenty of how to videos on YouTube to help you get started.

Back