Unique opportunity

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kensill

I have a chance to give back to the hobby that has given so much to me! Here is the deal, I have been working with the head of machining technology at Savannah Tech. He needs to have projects for his students to make. What they need are ideas, so they can design, draw and make them either by 3D printing or CNC machining. The 3D printing can be either plastic or aluminum. The CNC machine can be either aluminum or steel. If you have an idea for a piece of model boat hardware, or engine part, I will take it to him, and see what he thinks. I have designed two crankshafts, an outboard mount, a billet K&B 7.5 crankcase, and a lower unit.

Now for the good news. If your design is chosen, they will make a small production run, and then give them to you, free of charge! The school is not allowed to sell anything. They made me 8 crankshafts to do with, as I chose. My intent here is two-fold, first see some new ideas get made to keep out hobby alive, and to collect some funds to buy needed tooling for the school. If you have an idea (or more) contact me either by PM, or call me. (260)409-0618 Bob

Bob,

I have lots of potential parts they could make already in CAD. some examples:

1. Strudder assemblies

2. Boom mounts (something like the Crapshooter mounts)

3. Ball bearing struts

4. Motor Mounts for electrics

5. Smooth bore broached motor couplers.

6. Carb designs to suit 101RS or 91VAC's (This would make a great CNC project as it needs both lathe and mill ops)

7. Nitro engine mounts

8. Wire drive couplers for electric motors

9. wire drive nose bullets

10. Hydro rudder assembly.

Let me know if any of these sound good and i can forward files.

Tyler

Pick something you think would like to have made. You can send several cad files, and I will let the school check them out.

Bob,

I have lots of potential parts they could make already in CAD. some examples:

1. Strudder assemblies

2. Boom mounts (something like the Crapshooter mounts)

3. Ball bearing struts

4. Motor Mounts for electrics

5. Smooth bore broached motor couplers.

6. Carb designs to suit 101RS or 91VAC's (This would make a great CNC project as it needs both lathe and mill ops)

7. Nitro engine mounts

8. Wire drive couplers for electric motors

9. wire drive nose bullets

10. Hydro rudder assembly.

Let me know if any of these sound good and i can forward files.

Tyler

Latest posts

Back