.21, the big three

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think that the average car racer is less educated on his engine than the average boat racer. When I tell the car guys around here that I run 60% nitro in my TZ12, the same engine they have in a car, they either think I'm lieing or that I'm a total idiot. Not to say that all car racers don't know their engines,.. it's just what I have noticed around here.

[/quote/]

10th scale off road racers dont have to be as educated on the engine, a TZ12 on 15% is more than most can handle on a technical track. I say a smooth power band and good driving skills win races not peak horsepower or high rpm. Andy dont worry about not advertising your numbers most educated drivers dont pay attention to them anyway, we pay attention to reputation and durability. Build a durable .12 with smooth power and they will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think that the average car racer is less educated on his engine than the average boat racer. When I tell the car guys around here that I run 60% nitro in my TZ12, the same engine they have in a car, they either think I'm lieing or that I'm a total idiot. Not to say that all car racers don't know their engines,.. it's just what I have noticed around here.

[/quote/]

10th scale off road racers dont have to be as educated on the engine, a TZ12 on 15% is more than most can handle on a technical track. I say a smooth power band and good driving skills win races not peak horsepower or high rpm. Andy dont worry about not advertising your numbers most educated drivers dont pay attention to them anyway, we pay attention to reputation and durability. Build a durable .12 with smooth power and they will come.

You are correct Chargerrc! I have found that my engine mod service for the car engines continually grows simply by word of mouth and repeat customers because the guys at the track get to see the 'real' difference.

Thanks for all of the replies. After much thought, I am going to go with the new MAC. Now the hard part...anxiously waiting. Andy has always been there for me and backs his products 110%. Hopefully I will be able to use it for the next time trials in April :rolleyes:

Thanks guys,

Brian
Brian, I have a MAC .21 in my A mono (NAMBA talk) Wild Thing and I'm very impressed and happy with it. From the beginning I have had a remote mixture control on it. I find that the engine likes to be fat while I'm headed for the water. Once it's on the water and ready to head for the start/finish line I dial in the mixture and it really comes alive. I can't imagine what the new versions will be like since mine runs so well. You'll be impressed.

Maybe a good question would be "Which runs the best out of the box"?

The fact that one engine wins more races than another doesn't mean much to me after seeing one of our locals go to the Hydro Masters with a ragged 10 year old Road Runner and clean up.

The NR bearing and carb are considerations.

Maybe a good question would be "Which runs the best out of the box"?

The fact that one engine wins more races than another doesn't mean much to me after seeing one of our locals go to the Hydro Masters with a ragged 10 year old Road Runner and clean up.

The NR bearing and carb are considerations.
Just curious? Which year Hydro Masters?

i'll only say 1 thing here. my MAC .21 is the only .21 Ive ever had that worked great right out of the box. I switched to nova rossi and now i'm less consistent and slower. wish I had the $$$ for an A/A pro.

Latest posts

Back