21 GT JAE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stan

Got to start $hit with you.You have Caves in FL.I thought they were sink holes.LOL Well back to the man cave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stan and Dave,

I wish I could be their in the mix. I am not taking any sides, may the best

prepared driver win. I am not sure you guys know, but my 30 year old daughter

just came down with stage 3 breast cancer, so I need to stay close to her to give

her the support that she needs. We have a cancer walk coming up for breast cancer

awareness, so that is what I will be doing this next month. I will have my 21-GT here pretty

soon so the testing will begin to find the best 1917-19-38% or 1919-19-38% to run on it.

Keep us posted on the results or maybe a video from the race,

Mark Sholund

Mark I'm sorry to hear this for your daughter but feel confident that medicine today has made lot of progress.At the end of last december we found out a cancer in my wife's intestine and after 8 months of light chemotherapy she's pretty good and free of this disease accordingly the last petscan exam recently done so she will have to make further exams every three months during five years just for control.

I wish you all the best

Gill

Sorry to hear about what is going on in your life Mark. Your rite about having to take care of family first. Seems as we get older the dirt in our row gets a little tougher.

Brad

Guys Thanks For The Wishes And Prayers,

My daughter is a fighter so has has a great attitude towards beating

the cancer. Not many die anymore with breast cancer in the USA if is

found early enough. It will just be a tough year ahead and a lot of doctoring.

Mark Sholund

Mark my thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and family!

On to some good news.

My 1917 prop you did for me last year is an awesome heat race prop for this boat. Mine is larger in diameter etc then some but my engine the Novarossi .21DD is not stock either of course... if it was it wouldn't pull these props you did for me you and i know for a fact
default_smile.png
I consistently see upper 70s mph in heat race trim at a hefty 4.6lb "no fuel included in weight" in my JAE 21GT with it and 80 and then some is NO problem with my 1919 you did for me.... Cant say enough good things about Mark and his customer service and props! He will actually take the time to match the prop to your combination.

Adam,

Thank You!

The reason for getting a GT-21 is so I can help develop possibly a even better

Propeller for this set up. I cannot help some boaters get better set ups without

testing results. Some of the adjustments are not very much at all that can

make the propeller wake up the engine and pipe combinations. I look forward

to seeing how much more your set up will take Adam. That dyno of yours is a

great testing platform for sure. I still need to get you more engine mounts built

so you can test other engine sizes. I am pretty sure we can get a combination

to run mid eighties in heat race trim that should work anywhere you race. I am

still learning a lot about these new game changer propellers in testing this summer.

More results will becoming soon.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Yep STEVE, get the G2 going again.

Lots of 21 activity. Good motors and props available. Have one or two good hulls and always room for another good boat

I watched the 21 Riggers run at the 2017 nationals and walked around looking at these boats and talking to the drivers in Huntsville. I was very impressed with the speeds and handling of the this class and after 30+ years of building and racing outboard tunnels I decided to build a 21 rigger. My racing buddies thought I was joking when I told them what I planed to do. I was initially going to just build a ready-made kit but I was undecided about witch one to build so I decided to try my luck at designing one. I have been getting a lot of great design tips and 101 info from some really fast guys and I am excited about this new build. I have my prototype ready to burn and I plan to test it this fall and if all goes well I will have it dialed in so that I can join some of you rigger guys in the 2018 race season.

I have no plans of selling this model but to just have fun racing it!

-Carl

I don't think any of the 21 riggers I saw in Huntsville were breaking into the 90's but for race trim setups they were fast and they were having a lot of fun racing together. I have seen your 2-lap stuff and there is no doubt yours will run those speeds.

I don't think any of the 21 riggers I saw in Huntsville were breaking into the 90's but for race trim setups they were fast and they were having a lot of fun racing together. I have seen your 2-lap stuff and there is no doubt yours will run those speeds.
. 21 rigger was won with 72 mph. Not terrible for a 20 hydro in heat race trim, but Andy Brown won 21 rigger with 77 mph in 1993, 24 years ago and it was his heat race setup. As far as people comparing oval time trials boats to heat race setups, all I can say is 'anyhow'. Jeff Lutz

Back