2017 IMPBA Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it don't take some of the guilty long to come out. Mike and other board members have worked against us from the start. And you of all people , knowing who your parents are. You hit me up about paper work at Hobart and the president was asking you about it. Then I found out that the president had the paper work since the first of July and set on it. When I backed you up about it, this did force you to finely announce that we were hosting the event at that time. This should have been announce way before then.

You and the other board members should go and study the history of IMPBA and what makes the International Regatta and why the Excellence of Performance trophy is so special. Plus I would support the same kind of event for Gas and Electric. This is what IMPBA should do. It would be their purpose to do so.

The IMPBA is to promote "Model Boating" only. It should not divide the types of boats with their different kind of power and side this way or that. You see there is no such thing as a Nitro Boater, Gas Boater, or Electric Boater. We are just Model Boaters and this is what makes IMPBA. So if the board members can not run IMPBA as model boaters only, then maybe it is time to drain the swamp.
I was not going to respond, but I am getting tired of these attacks on my character that has been going on for some time. I am not sure what you are getting at in reference to my parents, but I can tell you that they are proud of the person I am today and you are totally out of line making any type of accusation that I am in some way misrepresenting them.

Well this is another false accusation. It is totally false that anybody worked against these guys about putting on the Nats. It is all made up in your head. I just got done looking at all of the old e-mails and it is the farthest from truth (I would be happy to share with anyone). We received the formal paperwork from Paul on Sept. 8. right after I came to talk to you in Hobart and then you made a call to somebody. I came to see you because I was concerned I never received anything after talking on the phone with the club about putting on the event. After receiving the submission, we asked for some clarity on format and dates and there was not once anything said to the club that we would not support the event. The only thing I asked was to move it to the week that you had the race to provide a gap in between the Gas Nats and Nitro Nats in case we had boaters that wanted to attend both. (Maybe in your head looking out for others in the membership is called not supporting your race). The other issue was that we wanted to clarify boat minimum for US-1 classes which ended up at 8. It took the club a few weeks to get back with me on everything and within a day of getting the final approval, it was advertised that Huntsville was doing the race. So if spending a month of my time going back and forth clarifying the bid for the internats so that it was very clear on the dates, schedule and minimum boat requirements makes me guilty of not supporting, then guilty as charged.

Here are some other things I am guilty of: Posting on IW and writing in the Roostertail urging all members to get in their entries as this was going to be the premier event for the year. Calling Stu and asking him to announce Hobart was going to be cancelled early in the year in case people were trying to decide between one or the other to make sure we got the attendance up for the Nats. Which he did shortly after.

In the meantime since last March, I have talked with multiple people from Florida up to Michigan who have told me that Doc and you have been bad mouthing me for not supporting the nats. I have not talked to you since Hobart, so I am not sure how you know all of these things I supposedly said or why you feel compelled to tell lies about me. Maybe you guys think if you say enough bull **** repeatedly to yourself and loud enough, it makes it true. Lord knows, your loud enough.

As far as treating all boaters equally, it is exactly what I said in my previous post if you can read. Your buddy Doc is the one who started the IMPBA does not support nitro and I just supplied some data, so go talk to him.

I am done talking about this. It's a shame I have to waste my time defending myself because you make crap up.

If the EOP trophy is now in the Huntsville area, find someone nearby that is coming to the Fall Nats race in Charleston, SC. and bring it there. Ray Sametz is coming down with Don Ferrette, Paul Stirton and myself to the race and it can be given to Ray at this time. Ray happens to be an excellent craftsman and will do a great job making this special award look like new again. And when it's finished it needs to go to Stu Barr, not back to Huntsville. There are enough people around the country that go to enough far away races that you shouldn't need to ship this trophy to where it needs to go.

Dick Tyndall

Where's the "like" button?
default_smile.png

Get 'er done!

"It has always been that IMPBA buys all the US 1 and President's Cup trophies". This was fine when nitro was model boat racing.

Times have changed. This needs to be addressed....

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself and friends ship V- 6 Mercury powerheads in sturdy , re- usable , homemade boxes made of 2 X 2 and 3/4 " plywood , drywall screws . I'm sure one could be made in 1- 2 hours for this trophy .

Dear IMPBA members,

While this is not a formal IMPBA communications channel, I thought I would take this opportunity to reach those IMPBA members who are most interested in this topic. I stand 100% by my BOD and their time and consideration discussing this matter and many others. They are a hard working group and are all dedicated to advancing the hobby in all forms.

As far as the membership being "notified" of board actions, that's what minutes of meetings and the Roostertails are for. They are available to read online anytime, but it is your responsibility to go look at them. It's frustrating to see misrepresentations of what goes on, when the information is there. Minutes will state the discussion topic and outcome. This information was available BEFORE the Internats from a MARCH meeting.

As far as the EOP trophy goes, I'm sorry if members do not agree with the decision, but it was not made to diminish the award in any way, shape, or form, nor was it derived from a negative attitude toward Nitro boating. It was made to address some realities of the size, condition and logistics of storage and getting it from event to event in a time when US-1 format has not been held annually.

The Procedure Section E of the rule book only addressed the award being given and it's scoring. It did not discuss the traveling trophy and that it why it was not sent to membership as we changed nothing in the rule book. The award is still given and it's recipients recognized in the History Section. The only change was that the "trophy" is a plaque just like the US-1 "trophy".

The BOD accepted Huntsville's bid for the trophy. Since they have held more Internats than any other clubs in IMPBA history, we thought it was a good home, and even if others had bid, Huntsville would have been our first choice because of that history. It is ultimately up to Huntsville what they agree to do going forward as far as refurbishing, keeping up with the engraved plates, and loaning it out for future events. I wish we had ways to keep and display historical items, but we do not. It's great that members who are passionate about this historical piece are stepping up with ideas.

On the matter of inclusion of all power sources, I will urge all members to read the September Roostertail when it comes out. We have been working on a proposal for an update of the Procedures section of the rule book. The intent is to include all power sources and formats being currently used for National Champion and US-1 International Champion and to make official that the same support is available to other divisions that the organization already gives to Nitro. (NOTE: the Rule Book calls this US-1 National Champion but we are proposing this name change to be made official. It was a discussion item at a 2008 meeting that was tabled, but the more recent US-1 plaques have used the International Champion wording on file with the trophy provider anyway. No minutes address the issue again and I could find nothing voted on by membership which is required for Procedures section changes.)

THIS PROPOSAL WILL GO TO MEMBERSHIP VOTE in December after being published in September to review. Please take the time to read your Roostertail newsletters and please take the time to vote.

Thank you Mr. President and the entire IMPBA Board.

I'm glad the current Board is working to include all forms of power, gawd knows we can't afford any more division of our (relatively) small numbers.

I'm also happy that the Board recognizes and will attempt to have it included in our Rule Book that "National Champion" (heat racing only) and "US-1 International Champion" (heat racing and time trials) are two very different things.

I too like the "International" wording BTW.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back