2017 District 2 Challenge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
101 boats for Sunday. Going to be a busy day. Model boating is alive and well up in district 2.

Weather looks good. See you all on Sunday.
Nice! Maybe it's time to make this into a 2 day race. [emoji6]
Randy, the park will only allow us to use the site for 1 day. I'm hoping to try and get that changed in the future but for now it is what we deal with.

Anybody coming from north of M-59. Exits are closed on southbound I-75 to get on m-59. You will have to drive down to the square lake exit and exit the freeway, then turn around and get back on Northbound I-75 to get on M-59.

If your north of Flint, you might want to take I-69 to M-53 and come down that way.

Who is racing the 21/45 class,can you post their names.
B hydro - John Beardslee, Francois Peilleron, Steve Ball, Mark Sholund, Andrew Capaldi, Dave Grote, Frank Pulte, Mike Ball, Doug Murany, Dave Murany. I might throw mine together tonight, but was not planning on running it.

D hydro - Steve Ball, Mark Stein, Frank Pulte, Mike Ball, Paul Dorchak, Dave Murany.

Mike Betke and All The Oakland Wolverine Members,

Nice race yesterday at Spencer Park in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

It was a beautiful day (maybe the best one ever) with good competition

and a very well run race. It was nice to see Bert Dygert finally win the 1/8th scale

District 2 championship after finishing second approximately 8 other years.

Chris Capaldi won our Sport 40 class for the year. Great Job to both of you,

and to all of the others who make the 1/8th Scale and Sport 40 classes so fun

to watch all summer long. It was Nice to see Jerry Betke receive his Hall Of Fame

award at the race, and it was fitting for a family who has done so much for R/C boating

racing in Southeast Michigan for over 50 years.

Thanks For The Great Racing Season,

Mark Sholund

Yep. late September weather is unpredictable but this past weekend was perfect. warm temps and low winds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. It was a great day for a boat race. I hope everybody had a good day.

Thanks to Chris Rupley for bringing the dogs and my wife Monica for doing the cooking. Thanks go to Ron Zaremski for his constant help in the retrieve boat all day long.

We will do it again next year. Possible changes to the format to get more racing in. Stay tuned.

Thanks OWMBC. Was a perfect day for a boat race. It was an honor to be there to see Jerry Betke receive his Hall Of Fame award. Jerry was smiling all day long and was really enjoying the day. Congratulations Jerry. Also seeing Bert Dygert win the Scale series was awesome. Being so close so many times it was great to see Bert prevail to win the series. Congrats Bert. Been a long time coming. Thanks Monica for cookin up the dogs. Next time I will have to bring more as we ran out before everybody got 1

Being the last race of the season in D-2, this year was a fun year. From the start of the year to the end. It just seemed like everybody was there to have a good time and that is what it is all about. Running the boats and having good times with friends. It don't get no better.

Kudos to Bert for winning Nitro Scale. Always a gentleman super competitor also has great looking boats

Nails

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, and outriggers may be fast, but only if you're driving right-side-up:

pBKXQ9B.jpg

HA! That sums up my entire day in one picture!

Thanks to the entire OWMBC. This is a great site with great people.

Back