2014 OB Tunnel Masters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, changes noted. Q to open FE. For the FE guys it would be nice if you spaced at least one of the big entry classes like 21 sport & mod and 45 sport & mod between FE classes to allow cool down and recharge time for people using boats or batteries in multiple classes. I think some of the rare charging fires are people in a hurry and over amping a recharge to make a heat. I have multiple entries in two FE classes to support FE growth and will have 3 chargers going at some point. I have built a wood charging station lined with ceramic tiles for containment over and above Lipo charging bags. Best to mitigate safety rather than have it mandated later.

Mic

John, changes noted. Q to open FE. For the FE guys it would be nice if you spaced at least one of the big entry classes like 21 sport & mod and 45 sport & mod between FE classes to allow cool down and recharge time for people using boats or batteries in multiple classes. I think some of the rare charging fires are people in a hurry and over amping a recharge to make a heat. I have multiple entries in two FE classes to support FE growth and will have 3 chargers going at some point. I have built a wood charging station lined with ceramic tiles for containment over and above Lipo charging bags. Best to mitigate safety rather than have it mandated later.

Mic
Rest assured, I will have the classes spaced out for max recycle time possible, just like I always do.

Ok gals and guys,

The final race setup has been done and the heat sheets are now completed and sealed. There are no 8 boat heats for any classes at present. Drops during the race may consolidate heats and increase heat size. Most are averaging 6 boat heats. Should be some real close racing with the fewer boats running. There are 5 rounds planned to be hopefully run, time and weather permitting. This race has many exceptional high level racers entered and we have the largest and strongest field of tunnel boat racers coming and it deserves to be the "Tunnel Masters".

The details for race week are:

1. THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE GRAVEL ROAD (FERN HILL DR) COMING INTO THE LAKE IS 15 MPH AT ALL TIMES. ABSOLUTELY MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT WHICH IS POSTED. THE LOCAL RESIDENTS ARE WATCHING CLOSELY AND VIOLATORS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE LANDOWNER, WHO IS ALSO WATCHING FOR SPEEDERS.

2. The race site has been prepped. Poles and ropes have been erected. Canopies are in front of the ropes close to the lake and all trailers are to be placed behind the ropes. Park the trailers close to each other (backing them in) to allow for your fellow competitors to have room for themselves. There are some handicapped spots do please observe them. The pit area is marked and all boats for the race will be started within the roped off area. Vehicle parking will be across the clearing from the trailers.

3. For weather monitoring, use zip code of 29455, John's Island, SC. Mapquest and GPS address use 1673 Fern Hill Dr, John's Island, SC 29455.

4. There are 2 dumpsters on site so keep your area clean and deposit all of your trash in them upon your departure.

5. Racing will commence about 11:30 am Friday after the early morning open water session.

Travel safe and let me know if you need something. John Otto will have his traveling hobby shop and supplies with him. There are no local hobby shops that stocks any boat supplies to speak of. They have no interest in doing so.

Latest posts

Back