2014 IMPBA CAN AM - July 26 & 27

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You all NLMBC for putting on a First Class racing event. I had the best time. What a great weekend for racing. Everyone had fun young and old. After several years coming and racing I finally took home a 1st place trophy. Yee ha See you all next season and some later this season. Some of the best drivers on the East coast.

What a great weekend!

Thanks again to our NLMBC guys and gals for working their tails off to provide a first class event for our guests.

The site improvements made by the park made it easy to get in & out. Even though the wind picked up both days the racing surface stayed flat. A big group had fun at "The Landing" restaurant Saturday night putting their discount coupons to good use.

Tim Kish's brainchild, the "Twin Engine Hydro Challenge", was very popular. As they say on TV "the crowd went wild"! We're looking forward to this class growing in the future.

Randy's "Can-Am Challenge" was another fun twist to the event pitting 10 randomly chosen contestants from the US and Canada against each other. Team Canada nudged out Team USA this year by only 969 points of a possible 20,000 total.

IMPBA D2 racer Jason Green cleaned up not only winning the Oneida Cup with perfect scores in LSG Mono & LSG Rigger but he also won the 50-50 on Sunday and a RTR Aquacraft Motley Crew! Hope you come back to defend the cup next year Jason, we'll be looking to get it back in D1!
default_tongue.png

I heard many nice comments from our guests about our new site and the show we put on, much appreciated.

Scores are up on RCRacingevents: http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/raceresults.pl?action=show_race&club=Northern%20Lights%20Model%20Boat%20Club&event=thecanam

Look for our recap in the September IMPBA "Roostertail".

Looking forward to 2015!
default_smile.png

DSCN2975.JPG

DSCN2984.JPG

DSCN2987.JPG

Thanks RCRacingevents!
default_smile.png

DSCN2995.JPG

Photo courtesy Paul Charles:

IMGP5666crop2.jpg

DSCN3004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to say a big thank you to the guys and you know who you are for the big help so I could get my butt down there.
Great event guys a lot of good feedback Great racing great friends and weather all in all one of the best events in D1 make me proud to be your D1D.

Here's a few pic's over the weekend.
s37.photobucket.com/user/loco3939/slideshow/

Couple more pics, perfect size pond and very well sheltered, excellent for all sizes of boats.

2014-07-24 15.23.45.jpg

2014-07-24 15.19.09.jpg

It's tradition up here to make an offering to the pond monster to ensure a great event,

2014-07-24 16.15.13.jpg

Jim may be odd but he is one of the hardest working guys in the club.lol

2014-07-24 17.15.17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's EXTREMELY late to comment on this event but, I would like to thank all that were involved with making this event happen.

I had an awesome time as did Wendy my GF.

Special thanks to Bob Steiner because without his generator I would have not been able to run my FE boats and do as well as I did.

Thanks Bob, you really are a special guy in all good ways.

Thanks to my club NLMBC, this was a really fun time.

The only thing I wish we had more of was entrants with FE boats. Yada yada yada politics egos whatever... it was a lot of fun and some missed out.

Thank you everyone that attended and helped me up the hill and up the drivers stand in my wheelchair.

Very sorry I did not post a long time ago.... I'm trying to get my head out of my Azz and it's not easy.

Cheers and hope to see you all and more next year!!

Also a big shout out to the guys that came from the Quebec area and other far off places in Canada and the USA.

Love the sport hydros the guys from Quebec build, beautiful works of art really and giving me a great run for the podium when they draw 1/2 the amps. It was a great learning experience.

Ray. It's always a pleasure having racers with a fun and positive attitude like yours come to our events. Looking forward to seeing you and hopefully more FE guys at our 2015 CAN-AM Classic.

Back