2010 IMPBA International Regatta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone,

Are the Oval & SAW trials run on a legal course, or just what space is available?

I have never been to a IMPBA nat's, so I don't know how you do this.

Thanks

Don :)

Anyone,

Are the Oval & SAW trials run on a legal course, or just what space is available?

I have never been to a IMPBA nat's, so I don't know how you do this.

Thanks

Don :)
Yes this was a legal surveyed course good for records if any can be set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having good time racing, first three boats have US1 b mono, d mono, sport 40. I have second in scale hydro heat racing, tomorrow time trials for US1
Well I ended up with a tie 1400 US1 points with Mike Hallam I got the firsts in oval ans saw he got the seconds.

US 1 Goes to Mike with a better heat racing points score.

I actually made the Timex run better with a prop pinch and a small 20 tyndall turn fin on the Timex.

It made a 62mph pass and backup pass, center two passes on saw.

Ran open mono offshore today Mark V with his big seaducer and pete c and I ran 20 speedmaster I am in the lead with 425 a win and dnf we will go three more tomorrow

then get ready for the pig roast and awards.

will update results tonite

PHIL

NIGHT RACE RESULTS

We had three night race teams ready to go at dusk one 20 mono and two electric.

Teams were given various things to light up the boats, we had chem light stick and small red and green flashing flaslights.

Bouys had green chem lites out of bounds markers had yellow lites. Of cours we had an offshore type left and right turn course just to make it interesting. :huh:

Mike Laing team has vs1 with a flashing red light on the deck

Dick sturgis team had two green chem lite stickson his electric cruser.

Team dist 4 had petes 20 mono lit up with two flashlites one with green and one red.

they made me drive, mike crawford, mark voorhies, peter collinson were the setup team.

Racing started at 10:30 pm.

Lemans start racing for six laps, cut bouys are a lap penalty.

Plan was to go six clean laps for a win.

The race starts and first in the water was Mike Laing, off he went around the course never to be seen agian :D

Second was Dick sturgis, slow and steady clean laps got a bit off track about lap 3.

Last in was dist 4 racer Lots of speed and not bad at first, found problems making clean 6 clean laps made about 25 laps with only 5 clean ones before too low on fuel.

Dick Sturgis battery ran low and stoped after three to four laps.

So dist 4 racer was declared winner.

Retrive boat went out on a search for Mikes lost FE vee, found ok doing tight circles.

It was so much fun driving the 20 mono with the headligts on in the dark everyone present had a turn at driving that wanted to give it a try.

20 mono screaming across the lake all you see is two headlights coming the turn and all you see is the red and green lights. HA :D

Nice Phil!! Maybe the next time they run at night they could pass out night vision goggles to the drivers to help with the experience! Sounds like you had a great time...would be neat to see!! :D

-Kent

Added oval and saw results

Thursday racing results

b sport tunnel

1 brian loy

2 mike laing

3 michelle thomas

4 steve enneper

5 doug click

6 jeff moore

7 mike crawford

8 garry geiselman

9 karen kensil

10 allie loy

11 ron saxvik

12 dick sturges

Three heats of boats but the water was bit choppy for the little boats

1/8th scale

1 mike hallam

2 phil thomas

3 robin enneper

4 bill north

5 steve enneper

Mike ran a good race finished all his heats, I had two dnf.

We will see tomorrow what US1 time trial shows.

lsg27sport gas hydro

1 chris rupley

2 tony jacuzzi

3 bill north

4 ron cook

5 dick tyndall

lsg 27 rigger

1 don ferrette jr

2 dick tyndall

3 todd gunder

4 bill north

f mono

1 mark voorhies

2 ralph barthel

3 peter collinson

multiengine hydro

don ferrette jr

bob morton

Don put on a 1 man show, ran consistant 80-84 mph for 6 laps each time he ran.

Bob had totaled his twin boat in practice, went all the way home and got his single engine f boat and won F hydro

OVAL

1/8th scale

1 Phil Thomas.....26.143

2 Mike Hallam

3 Robin Enneper

4 Bill north

5 Steve enneper

xls gas sport hydro

1 bill north........30.831

2 chuck carpenter

3 tony jacuzzi

4 dick sturges

5 todd gunder

b sport tunnel ( not running for us 1)

1 Brian Loy....?

SAW

scale hydro

1 phil Thomas.......3.614 (fast pass 3.594)

2 mike hallam

3 bill north

4 robin enneper

5 steve enneper

b sport tunnel ( not running for us 1)

1 Brian Loy....?

Brian Would have 1600 point and a US 1 if official, maybe next time, the class was the largest at the internats this year.

Thanks for the reporting Phil, it was a pleasure to meet you.

More Video's

Thaaaat's all folks!

Final thoughts on the 2010 IMPBA International Regatta.

We the members of the PMBC want to thank the members of the IMPBA for spending your time with us at the Regatta. We truly enjoyed your company, and you the racers, made it a great time for all. Well deserved US-1 Champions we're awarded for their efforts, as we're some hard earned National Championships. We gained many things from you all, friendship, knowledge, you can win a US-1 with 5 buoy cuts, how to remove a mono from our clock base, and many more ever lasting memories.

We had a few minor problems along the way, but together, we all worked them out and made it happen.

We are truly sorry for what happened to the dinner rolls for the banquet, but I guess it was just to be expected.......LOL

Final Results are posted on our web site: www.performancemodelboatclub.com

Good racing to all, and THANK YOU

PMBC

First off I'd like to extend a HUGE thank you to Mike Laing and the rest of the PMBC guys for a job well done plus a BIG congrats to Bob Morton for his US-1 and winning the LeFeber award. For anyone who's not had the chance to meet Bob in person I can tell you I'm glad to call him a good friend. Also thanks to Ray Sametz and Dick Tyndall for their help in the pits when I ran, good pit men make things alot easier. Got home about 5pm last night and even after a good night's sleep I'm still exhausted. I had a really good time there hangin' and laughing it up with old friends which made the sting of having my 6 month old transmitter fail while leading the points in both my US-1 classes a little less painful. I'd also like to thank Peter Collinson who was nice enough to let me program my boats for my remaining classes onto his radio so I didn't wind up a spectator for the rest of the week, thanks Pete!! And thanks to Phil Thomas for his "radar gun report" during my laps with the twin, mid 80's passes in 92 degree heat with 90% humidity (basically the hottest day of the week) and the motors set way rich made me happy. I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone in Hobart in September who missed this one. B)

We would like to add another huge thank you to Mike Laing and the Performance Model Boat Club for hosting a great Internats!! Carter enjoyed his first Internats despite the heat and humidity...thank goodness for the froggy pool!

Congratulations to Mike Hallam for winning US-1 in both D Hydro and 1/8 Scale...you deserve it after all these years of racing! Congrats on the President's Cup too!

Thank you to everyone who helped pit for us this week. It's tough when all 3 of us run in the same class and there's a baby to watch....thank goodness for Grandma!!

We had a great time this week and look forward to seeing everyone soon!

Robin, Steve, & Carter

I would like to add my name to the list of drivers that think that Mike Laing and the Performance Model Boat Club put on a great race and nobody went home bored. Between the the "shootout" style of heat racing,the food,and the extra "fun" events, everyone had a great week of racing. Even Mother Nature cooperated most of the time(the awards ceremony reminded me of normal 20 tunnel water). I can't beleive that all my shaking on the driver's stand didn't(or maybe it did) interfere with other driver's concentration.lol This was my best Internats ever. Again thanks to all that were involved. By the way did I mention that the food was great!!

Bob Kensill

We would like to add another huge thank you to Mike Laing and the Performance Model Boat Club for hosting a great Internats!! Carter enjoyed his first Internats despite the heat and humidity...thank goodness for the froggy pool!

Congratulations to Mike Hallam for winning US-1 in both D Hydro and 1/8 Scale...you deserve it after all these years of racing! Congrats on the President's Cup too!

Thank you to everyone who helped pit for us this week. It's tough when all 3 of us run in the same class and there's a baby to watch....thank goodness for Grandma!!

We had a great time this week and look forward to seeing everyone soon!

Robin, Steve, & Carter
Love the pool, I wanted to take a dip. :lol:

Back