2008 Hydrofest

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Kelly

Supporting Member
This years Hydrofest will feature 5 rounds of racing with the top 6 boats advancing to the 5th round. It will be the "shoot out" format, meaning all the top boats from the previous round will ge put together in the next round. We will be running 1/8 Scale, Sport 40, Electric Scale, Novice, and new this year, Roundnose Scale. If you have a Roundnose Scale, you can enter in both the 1/8 Scale class and Roundnose Scale class. Where else can you run 5 rounds in one day!

The winner of 1/8 Scale will receive the "Champions Cup" Trophy for one year. This trophy has been in our district since 1980, there is a lot of history associated with it!

For Race enteries or information, contact Tom Kelly at [email protected] or (586) 566-0639

Tom,

Count me in. Should be a good time!!! I love this race format.

Did you recieve my entry?

Bert Dygert

93' T-Plus Two-Wing

MORE INFORMATION

The 2008 HYDROFEST will be held on August 10th at General Motors Technical Center located in Warren, Michigan. This is one of the nicest race sites in District 2 with plenty of room for mill time to get on the clock. It's located close to restaurants and hotels, along with other attractions. If you come by on Saturday, August 9th, we will be having our 3rd annual GAS BLOW-OUT at the same site. for more information, contact Tom Kelly at [email protected], or (586) 566-0639.

Tom Kelly

TOM IM IN
I wish this race was'nt on the same weekend as are district 14 race. :( I love coming to this race and I love coming back home to Michigan. Good luck and Have fun!!! I will try to see ya in Sept ;) Doug

Last edited:
TOM,

Me and the boys will be there to race and work................Teddy D. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
TOM IM IN
I wish this race was'nt on the same weekend as are district 14 race. :( I love coming to this race and I love coming back home to Michigan. Good luck and Have fun!!! I will try to see ya in Sept ;) Doug
Love to have you Dougie, always have a blast with you guy's. Maybe next time we'll have that "HOOSIER INVASION"!! Have to work on it for next year.

I got some good testing in last Saturday with the scale boat. I was able to get some really good data with the Eagle Tree recorder.

How many scale boats do you have up to this point? The weather looks great for this weekend, should be some good fast racing! Josh-

I got some good testing in last Saturday with the scale boat. I was able to get some really good data with the Eagle Tree recorder. How many scale boats do you have up to this point? The weather looks great for this weekend, should be some good fast racing! Josh-
So far 16 in 1/8 Scale, but they keep coming in. Sign in is always open!

Tom

That's a decent number of scales there must be another 3-4 out there that want to run?!?!?!?! See ya Sunday. Josh-

Tom,

I had a great time. You guys put on a well run race. I have never been to a Nitro race. I plan on coming back next year. I'll bet I could get a couple more of us Electric guys to come.

Jay :D

I had a great time.
Me too! Despite the nasty weather we still had fun. We really appreciate the invitation.

Maybe next year we can get together ahead of time and figure out what will bring the locals out of the woodwork a little better. 1/8 scale FE should have brought out the travellers but they all had obstacles this year. Maybe Sport 40 FE and our clubs Super Sport Hydro (think Sport 20 sized boats on an inexpensive Aquacraft motor).

Our club is racing for points out at Camp Dearborn this weekend. All of you are welcome to come out and see what we're up to. I'm sure we could squeeze in some heats for you guys if you bring toys with you. We run at a really relaxed pace.

Back