1991 American Spirit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello from Australia .

I am trying to get a 1 / 8 Scale boat together , it was originally set up as the 1990 Circus Circus and would like to make it into the 1991 American Spirit . I already have the Colour Sheet and the picture of the full size boat . I found some more information about this boat on RC Unlimiteds which shows what changes were done to change the identity of the boat . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the decal sheet's for that boat, it's missing some of the star's though, let me know if you would be intrested in them..I built a dumas circus circus and was making it into the american sprit, never finished it and sold the hull, as far as I know, you will have to make the cowl from scratch, but ya never know, there's allways someone who might have that!!

I have the decal sheet's for that boat, it's missing some of the star's though, let me know if you would be intrested in them..I built a dumas circus circus and was making it into the american sprit, never finished it and sold the hull, as far as I know, you will have to make the cowl from scratch, but ya never know, there's allways someone who might have that!!
Hello larcor69

Can you send me a private message with a e - mail address to discuss the decal sheets that you have . I have seen some differences in the decals on the tail area .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello Mike .

Thanks for putting me onto Jerry Logan . I have just received a e - mail back from him including a picture of a 1991 American Spirit which matches the layout on plan 150 B that I have from the late Roger Newton ( CZAR ), however the picture that I have shows the Pepsi logo on the tail wing supports down the bottom and a stretched out S in a yellow and red panel above it with a blue panel above that again with the wing extending widthways beyond the tail wing supports , just like on the boat built by Steve Doolittle on the RC Unlimiteds site . Can any body explain why there are 2 different colour schemes for what appears to be the same boat .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello Mike .Thanks for putting me onto Jerry Logan . I have just received a e - mail back from him including a picture of a 1991 American Spirit which matches the layout on plan 150 B that I have from the late Roger Newton ( CZAR ), however the picture that I have shows the Pepsi logo on the tail wing supports down the bottom and a stretched out S in a yellow and red panel above it with a blue panel above that again with the wing extending widthways beyond the tail wing supports , just like on the boat built by Steve Doolittle on the RC Unlimiteds site . Can any body explain why there are 2 different colour schemes for what appears to be the same boat .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
The boat had no single "sponsor" for the season and so picked up different sponsors from race to race and even, in some cases, from day to day. The wings were different nearly every time the boat appeared at a different race. Don't worry, any pic you have would qualify as authentic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back