1981 ATLAS VAN LINES finally finished

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

1981 ATLAS

Just finished today my new 1981 ATLAS VAN LINES 1/8 Scale replica for fast electric NAMBA / IMPBA competiton. This has been long, drawn out 2 year project. Without the help of members on this forum i never could have achieved this level of build. Frames originated from an 82 Dumas (Canard) Atlas, carefully modified and lightened then sheeted with .040 G10 compression molded glass. Canopy, uprights and wing are also combination Glass/G10. Hardware & brackets are custom Aluminum/Carbon Fiber

FE SPECS:

Motor: NEU 1527 1.5Y (30,000+ RPM)

ESC: MGM TMM 120/32 Z Series

Cells: 10S (40V) 6000 LIPO

Prop: Octura X450/2 tetounged

Speed: 60MPH+

This boat is a tribute to Owner/Driver BILL MUNCEYs last ride in the BLUE BLASTER!

I'd like to dedicate this build to my friend ROGER NEWTON, trully one of the most inspiring & knowledgible individuals to ever grace the Sport & Hobby of Boat Racing.

Note: More pics in my `81 Atlas' gallery~ http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?autoco...um&album=70

DSCN0094.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nicely done

Jim

1981 ATLASJust finished today my new 1981 ATLAS VAN LINES 1/8 Scale replica for fast electric NAMBA / IMPBA competiton. This has been long drawn out 2 year project. Without the help of members on this forum i never could have achieved this level of build. Frames originated from an 82 Dumas (Canard) Atlas, carefully modified and lightened then sheeted with .040 G10 compression molded glass. Canopy, uprights and wing are also compose Glass/G10 mix.

FE SPECS:

This boat is a tribute to Owner/Driver BILL MUNCEYs last ride in the BLUE BLASTER!

I'd like to dedicate this build to my friend ROGER NEWTON, trully one of the most inspiring & knowledgible individuals to ever grace the Sport & Hobby of Boat Racing.

Note: More pics in my `81 Atlas' gallery

1981 ATLASJust finished today my new 1981 ATLAS VAN LINES 1/8 Scale replica for fast electric NAMBA / IMPBA competiton. This has been long, drawn out 2 year project. Without the help of members on this forum i never could have achieved this level of build. Frames originated from an 82 Dumas (Canard) Atlas, carefully modified and lightened then sheeted with .040 G10 compression molded glass. Canopy, uprights and wing are also combination Glass/G10. Hardware & brackets are custom Aluminum/Carbon Fiber

FE SPECS:

Note: More pics in my `81 Atlas' gallery~ http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showuser=527

Nice Atlas project.

Here is the album

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?autoco...um&album=70

Back