1972 U71 Atlas Van Lines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Skutle

Thought I might share some pics of the build that has consumed the last 9 months of my life, all done...

This was always my favorite hull, and was the first rc boat I ever ran as a kid when my dad built one in the seventies...

original Dumas kit, with many modifications of course as Dumas kits were always poorly designed...

graphics from Wesley's, great job!

hitting water for first run tomorrow, can't wait!!

Thanks for looking

Jay

DSC07869.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC07874.JPG

DSC09253.JPG

DSC09255.JPG

DSC09258.JPG

DSC09257.JPG

DSC09254.JPG

DSC09259.JPG

Jay,

That's a very nice looking boat. Any luck testing over the weekend? I have one of these about 3/4 done. Every time one pops up on this forum I get the itch to start working on it again. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Jay,

That's a very nice looking boat. Any luck testing over the weekend? I have one of these about 3/4 done. Every time one pops up on this forum I get the itch to start working on it again. Thanks for sharing the pics.
haven't hit the water yet, weather went bad for a few days but I'm ready to go ASAP!! I'll let you know my results...shouldn't be any surprises as this is the second one of these I've had and this one was re-engineered to today's standards...

Jay

first sport 40 i built in 1992! boy i had fun with it...still have the incarnate of it hanging in my shop!

Back