1970 Miss U.S.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grub

I am currently mourning the loss of little Salt Walther out of my scale boat.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...?album=23&pos=1

Went around buoy four in the final yesterday and the boat came out of the water, then slapped the water really hard and the cowl and driver flew off in front of the other boats. After searching for a while couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a replacement rear cowl with headrest and rear wing already mounted? I am looking for something really nice to match the nice stuff I got from Larry Kraemer.

Looks like this - https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...?album=23&pos=2

This is just what I needed one and half weeks out from the Murray River Gold Cup.

Grub

I am currently mourning the loss of little Salt Walther out of my scale boat.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...?album=23&pos=1

Went around buoy four in the final yesterday and the boat came out of the water, then slapped the water really hard and the cowl and driver flew off in front of the other boats. After searching for a while couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a replacement rear cowl with headrest and rear wing already mounted? I am looking for something really nice to match the nice stuff I got from Larry Kraemer.

Looks like this - https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...?album=23&pos=2

This is just what I needed one and half weeks out from the Murray River Gold Cup.

Grub
:blink: :unsure: Better to go rental scuba and search cowl :p

Hey Grub

is that cowl 5 inches wide?

if so I have one that would fit and I have the fin too.

But you would have to make the headrest part yourself.

You located anywhere near P Stirton?

I was getting ready to send him something the cowl could share the ride.

PHIL T

Hey Grub

PHIL T
We have a winner.

5 inches yep.

YGM.

Grub

Brian, I just sent him a box of stuff the other day. With the price of shipping its better if Phil sends it with his customers stuff. The shipping would cost more than the cowl. Troy

I made the cowl base part and I can make the fin and headrest part but the one I have is for the Bud stlyle boat, the headrest sits down on the cowl with no gap.

A guy wanted to do a Bardhal stlyle cowl so i just made the fin part with out the head rest. Wasnt there only two different stlyle headrest with those Karleson hulls?

PHIL

Hey Grub

PHIL T
We have a winner.

5 inches yep.

YGM.

Grub
Hay Grub, The picture I just posted is Phils cowl with the headrest added. I made my own wing but the one Phils got will work as well. I used a 1" dowl rod, sanded it down, then hollowed it out to lighten it. Works great. "I then addad foam to the bottom"........Hint, Hint, nudge, nudge, say no more.

Hey Grub

PHIL T
We have a winner.

5 inches yep.

YGM.

Grub
Hay Grub, The picture I just posted is Phils cowl with the headrest added. I made my own wing but the one Phils got will work as well. I used a 1" dowl rod, sanded it down, then hollowed it out to lighten it. Works great. "I then addad foam to the bottom"........Hint, Hint, nudge, nudge, say no more.
I used Phils wing on my REDMAN good wing but the headrest was a pain in the kisser

Hey Grub

PHIL T
We have a winner.

5 inches yep.

YGM.

Grub
Gary Jensen also has these, made out of Lexan.

[email protected]

Mate looks fine, send it.

Thanks for your help, just gotta let me know how much.

Grub

BTW still running the setup you helped me with at the 2004 Internats. Thanks again.

Back