1/16 scale Miss Rock 2-3s which b/l motor?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all started building the Dave Frank 1/16 scale Miss Rock published in the early 90's .The hull approx 22'' in length substituting all 1/8''balsa parts for 3/32'' birch plywood . The orginal hull powered by 05 brushed car motor's im considering going brushless either on 2 or 3s. What size and kv rating would be suitable for this hull? Regards Andris Golts

2s and around 4400 kv. atleast thats what im puting in mine. Its a dave frank atlas 1/16 scale. Its going to be the oberto :) .

im wrong mine is a laser cut kit of one of gary finlays atlas van lines. its roughly 21.5 inches long. Im puting in a 4200 kv 380 size brushless motor, probably a 60 or 80 amp spedo and 2s lipo. All ive got left to do is a lil sealing and then sheet the sponsons and non trips and its finished. About 2hrs left and it'll be built.

sorry about all the seperate posts. Maybe you could post a couple picts through out ure build. :)

I ran a Lehner 4200 basic xl in mine on 2s2p. That boat is retired now, too small for the power of the brushless motors I tried.

Something like a Leopard 2860 would probably be a good motor for an older design hydro. Lotta lift in the older designs from the brushed motor days.

Back