More electric madness!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalaysianFlyer

A few pics of what happens when you put a crazy boat in the hands of a 3D pilot!!!

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

The last pic is the one that matters

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice CAMO paint on the Mogli, I guess it flies?

You seem to have the bugs worked out of it, I think.

Hi Backemf,

I am not sure what bugs you may have encountered, but this is what we found over here. 1, the boat likes to be slightly heavy, using Lipos makes it too light on the water, the recommended batteries work best. 2, the balance point is critical especially if you want it to be easy to recover from inverted positions and track straight. 3, The instructions that come with it are not very clear, but we found that they have deliberately built in some side thrust, which you should not remove. One guy sanded it out and he could not get the boat to track straight.

Its got great speed and can spank a 21 sized boat, but it shines inthe fun department, doing jumps and stuff like that. Once it starts flipping, or thrown into a spin at high speed, all you hear is insane laughing from the pilot and spectators alike. My opinion is thats the biggest attraction of the boat, but there are those who also like it because of its speed

Are the batteries mounted against the hull in a saddle pack configuration 4 on one side & 5 on the other? Or do the batteries need to be elevated and closer to the longitudinal CG? Has anyone you know of tried a bigger, say 5000 mah LiPo pack? What kind of run time are they seeing with the 2100 4/5 SC cells?

jfm:

The batteries [GP2200 4/5 subC] pack is in a saddle configuration, six on one side and three on the other, as per manufacturers recommendation. I have not seen anyone try a 5000mah lipo pack, but i dont see why it shouldn work as long as you can get the same distribution of weight. The standard packs are not mounted elevated, just velcro directly to the hull.

Drew2:

No it wasn't thrown in :D What we were doing is putting it into reverse, the boat kind of scoots back then will pivot and go under vertically. Then hit full throttle and she flies straight up out of the water. Even when you flip the boat, you can play with throttle and rubber in quick burst to flip it back over easily. But he jumping is the fun part.

Very nice sir but by your descriptions of the boat design "as per instructions" or whatever, the boat seems very Proprietary, meaning not really a beginner setup at all and needs very specific tuning and setup.

I have heard one or 2 complaints about it's finickynes, touchey setup and turning mainly.

Of course if we heard tons of good feedback from multiple owners it would be more accepted in fast electric community, N. America that is...

Very nice sir but by your descriptions of the boat design "as per instructions" or whatever, the boat seems very Proprietary, meaning not really a beginner setup at all and needs very specific tuning and setup.

I have heard one or 2 complaints about it's finickynes, touchey setup and turning mainly.

Of course if we heard tons of good feedback from multiple owners it would be more accepted in fast electric community, N. America that is...
Backemf, I agree with you, the boat would not be a great boat for beginers, and you do have to spend some time to set it up, especially to getting the CG right. It seems to have only one sweet spot where it will turn and track well, if its off, then it wont even run straight. Hopefully someone really experienced will get a hold of one and share their experience.

On top of which, if you read the instructions that come with the boat, you will either fall of your chair laughing or tear your hair out!!!! :D

Hopefully they will improve with time, our LHS owner has gotten one of their gasser racing shallow Vee's, called the alien, very nice full carbon hull. Runs very well, and fast with a Zenoah, so I think this manufacturer has got good designs, just that they need to improve on their instructions to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back