Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

speedmaster hardware

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Wood

Chris Wood

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

http://www.rossisales.com/

#2 Steve Seebold

Steve Seebold

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

JUNK!!!

#3 Tim Kish

Tim Kish

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

JUNK!!!

Really ????.

#4 FloridaScaleBoater

FloridaScaleBoater

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

JUNK!!!

Really ????.

Steve, you really aren't very tactful in the way you post about others "wares"
Speedmaster has been supplying quality products and quality service for MANY years.

I WAS going to contact you for a one off project,,, But I think I'll pass on that now

Good luck with your endeavors...

#5 RodneyPierce

RodneyPierce

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

JUNK!!!

Your insane. Now wonder there isnt many people willing to buy your stuff. Speedmaster is the best hardware I have ever used. The numbers speak for themselves......

#6 Joe Warren

Joe Warren

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Speedmaster Hardware (Ross & Harry) and Acccutech Hardware (James trout) is the 2 leading suppliers for Hardware in R/C MARINE. If you buy a Seaducer MONO or CAT? Seaducer Hardware fits their boats the best. If it is too bulky for you? It can always be custom trimmed or blended after you receive it. Speedmaster Hardware product line is as Large as it has ever been.... Covering many different boat types.

#7 Scott Miller

Scott Miller

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Almost all of my boats have speedmaster hardware (partial or full) with the exception of my Seaducer. Good quality hardware IMO and great service. The only complaint I have ever heard is that some us wish they offered the rudder blades with the water pickup on the right side of the blade ISO the left.

#8 julianconde

julianconde

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,586 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

JUNK!!!

why dont you offer your hardware to some boaters so we can see how good your harware is ????????????????????????

I have a Twin hydro thats in the need of hardware ????????

#9 timothy johnson

timothy johnson

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Scott I have a 60 size with the pick-up on the right and I had problems getting water, I changed blades and fixed the problem. It also depends which side of the boat the rudder is on. Tim

#10 RobertWurster

RobertWurster

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I really like there sp 20 mount,

#11 SayMikey

SayMikey

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

JUNK!!!

OPEN mouth insert foot

#12 dave roach

dave roach

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

WOW
What a statement.JUNK

Dave

#13 Steve Seebold

Steve Seebold

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

OK, junk is a harsh word. I make hardware too. I just don't make as much as Speedmaster. I make stuff for people who tell me Speedmaster stuff is too flexible for their application. AND my prices are higher than Speedmaster.

I just took a look at the Accutech Hardware site, and it's the same stuff as Speedmaster.

Does no one have originality any more? Or does everyone think the same way? Oh, it works for this guy, so let's just make an exact copy and maybe cut his price a little.

I tell everyone, I refuse to compromise on quality and I will not lower my price. If I am told "oh, I can get it over here for less, I tell them that's the place to go.

I have had people replace Speedmaster with my stuff. Do you know what they do then? They reorder.

My signature line on other bulletin boards is "YOU CAN BUY GOOD PARTS OR YOU CAN BUY CHEAP PARTS, BUT YOU CAN'T BUY GOOD CHEAP PARTS".

I have seen others that say "you can have them good, cheap or fast. Pick two."

I am making some stuff for a gentleman who told me Speedmaster stuff is flexible so I bought a piece to see what he was talking about. NOW I see why he says it's flexible.

I realize their 3 piece rudder assemblies allow for a one size fits all base, but what's wrong with a little modernization.

Yes, they do make hardware for ALL types of boats whether it be electric, gas or nitro. At this point in time, I don't and honestly, I'm not sure I want to.

Brass bushings? Give me a break. How many times during a season or year do you have to replace them?

Tactfulness! GeorgiaScaleBoater, you're absolutely right. I call it like I see it, and I would expect none the less if I made an inferior product. Will Speedmaster make a one off part for you? I will. As I said in an earlier post, a one off will probably cost you a little more, but how many hardware manufacturers will do a one off. Most guys with CNC's want to set their machine up and let it run all week and hire a monkey to push the green button. I don't like making more than about 25 pieces.

I have a couple of jobs on the bench right now that are 60 pieces each and I am really starting to get bored.

RodneyPierce, Speedmaster hardware is the best you have EVER used, because you have never used mine.

Does Speedmaster put a warrantee on their product against defective workmanship or material? I do. My warrantee says "IF MY PRODUCT FAILS, DUE TO DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP OR MATERIAL, I WILL REPLACE IT OR REFUND YOUR MONEY, "YOUR CHOICE". The only thing I don't warrantee is the lead teflon bushings and I won't use brass.

#14 SayMikey

SayMikey

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Steve a picture is worth a thousand words....Show me the money? Im looking for a good quality 20 hydro rudder got any?

#15 Kevin Krogness

Kevin Krogness

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

How about you start a thread in the general forum and show us this God given talent you have and your product line... I was going to adk you about a balancer but after your junk coment I don't think so. Speedmaster is great to work with. Wish I could have said the same to you....