• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB RPM Rod for Picco 45 Blackhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

WTB RPM Rod or Picco 45 Blackhead. Anyone have one they would like to part with? Know where I could get one? I can paypal immeadiatly. Thank you,

Larry Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Larry. Give Joe Warren A ding.. That will be your best chances of getting one :rolleyes: :p

Nick

Larry, did you smoke the original, or, do you have something to measure for me? I've some picco rods, need OAL, c/c of bosses, and anything else you can measure... Use a standard mic, dont have a metric yet....... mike

Larry, did you smoke the original, or, do you have something to measure for me? I've some picco rods, need OAL, c/c of bosses, and anything else you can measure... Use a standard mic, dont have a metric yet....... mike

Well Ive been told that the stock rod will eventually fail, an RPM rod will hold up much better. Ill be getting some measurements in the next week if I cant find an RPM.

Larry Jr.

Hey Larry,

I'm lookin too,so if you happen to stumble on a few extra,keep me in mind and I will do the same for you.

I also understand that Brad Christy has made pistons and rods for the blackheads but unfortunatly I mailed him and my e-mail wasen't returned.

Good luck,

Walt

larry,

try stu barr or bruce jacobs.. also try allan waddle.

if you need numbers p.m me and i will set ya up

chris

Hey Larry,I'm lookin too,so if you happen to stumble on a few extra,keep me in mind and I will do the same for you.

I also understand that Brad Christy has made pistons and rods for the blackheads but unfortunatly I mailed him and my e-mail wasen't returned.

Good luck,

Walt
That's strange because I was stalking Brad's profile earlier and noticed he was reading this thread at the time. Brad does excellent work and I'm sure he'd help you out if he could. Come to think of it, he didn't answer me the other day either. Maybe his PM isn't working. Brad, are you out there??? Talk to us.

Ron

Well Ive been told that the stock rod will eventually fail, an RPM rod will hold up much better. Ill be getting some measurements in the next week if I cant find an RPM.

Larry Jr.
The stk Picc 45 rod will last forever. it does require you to clearence the rod on the Big end. (it needs to float on the crank pin without interference) Also many picco engines required you to clearence the rod on the small end also. it needed added clearence to float on the piston pin. All of them required a longer 303 stainless flywheel cone. the stk cone was too short & could junk the engine quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,

I'm here, just busy. You have PM........

Walt,

I don't remember getting an E-Mail from you, but that doesn't mean I didn't get it...... E-Mail me again.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Larry Jr.
The stk Picc 45 rod will last forever. it does require you to clearence the rod on the Big end. (it needs to float on the crank pin without interference) Also many picco engines required you to clearence the rod on the small end also. it needed added clearence to float on the piston pin. All of them required a longer 303 stainless flywheel cone. the stk cone was too short & could junk the engine quickly.

Joe,

Please explain what you mean about CLEARANCE the rod. And floating on the pin. Just trying to learn.

John

Larry Jr.

Joe,

Please explain what you mean about CLEARANCE the rod. And floating on the pin. Just trying to learn.

John
John You have PM

He is refering to the front to back distance between the face of the crank (at the pin) and the face of the drum/disk. If this is too tight, the lower end of the rod heats up and lets go. Works the same on the piston.

Mike Hughes

Back