What makes a mono act unpredictable coming out of a corner?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the problem is that this hook is so huge, deep and long, so it will cover the lists (don't remember the English word) under the hull. The way to fix it is first to cut loose the rails inside the hull before straighten the hull and epoxy it together, then use bondo. In other words, to much work for a cheap hull. :)
You worked up Harald?? :) :)

So Harald...why are seaducers made with hooks?? :) :)

My speedmaster .45 also has a small hook (nothing close to what Harald has described).

Its not just Harald's boat that I have seen dart around out of turns...but his was the most recent I have heard about (can't remember seeing it do it). Luckely I have not personally experienced it with my boat (yet)...and I have a seaducer we are going to put together now too... I guess I have a lot to learn about monos...heh

Thanks everyone for your inputs,

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, I thought that somebody would have answered that by now!

Seaducer, Speedmaster and a few other companies figured out that you don't need trim tabs and turn fins on a boat to make it handle. It might have been an accident or on purpose as far as I know. Maybe a hull that they made warped a little in the mold and found out that it was the secret. No trim tabs, no turn fins equalled less weight, drag and more speed. Now the molds are made with the hook built-in.

How do they handle? Look at all of the wins in local and national races. That kind of says it all there.

Built it the way the instructions say to the letter and you'll have a winner also. I've seen Seaducers that the owners didn't take that advice and saw some really poor handling boats.

Sean, when I bought my Speedmaster .21 I was told to try it first without trim tabs or a turn fin. The thing handled great the first time on the water and it was a windy day with plenty of light chop.

So Harald...why are seaducers made with hooks??
Good question Sean! From what I have learned, boats should not have hooks in the hull.

How easy is the Seaducer to handle?

Anyone???
Seaducer Bottoms(hook) help the boat turn well, Pay careful attention to the inside of the boat & dont glue anything inside the boat that will add hook by the way of Heat. I have received 2-3 seaducer hulls lately. They have been some of the best to date. If you bought a old new hull or a Used hull the way the Orginal purchaser or boater stored it Will Matter.... If you buy it directly from Seaducer you will receive the Best Results!!

IF the boat has hook made into the hull then try it first Its suposed to work that way. In my own trials and errors Ive put trim tabs on a boat that didn't need them and the boat handled like #@$*(sorry Tom) From the transom take a straight edge and lay it on the bottom if both sides have a gap then you have Hook if not then you might need trim tabs but First always try the boat without extra hardware You might be pleased By the way it was a Newbie and Finch helped out thack God for him and fo the fact he was willing to show me

Gavin

Hook in the bottom is to AIRATE the hull at high speed in rough conditions. But the hull must stay in the water.

Flat bottom hull will air out unless you have the tab to control the lift. As I said before if it is a arrowshark good luck!!!

If you must know........"ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO SPLASH A SEADUCER THAT FAILED!!!!"

Fill in the bottom, level it out, put tabs on it and run the %^&t out of it. END OF STORY

Hook in the bottom is to AIRATE the hull at high speed in rough conditions. But the hull must stay in the water.
Flat bottom hull will air out unless you have the tab to control the lift. As I said before if it is a arrowshark good luck!!!

If you must know........"ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO SPLASH A SEADUCER THAT FAILED!!!!"

Fill in the bottom, level it out, put tabs on it and run the %^&t out of it. END OF STORY
K no Com prenn Day Chuck spell it out please for Us pe ons :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should have raced it would have been fun this time :eek: 08 this fall :p B) B)

One of our club members is running a Insane mono going down the mid straightaway the boat darted left this happened a couple of times that day and countless number of adjustments was made still same problem. At the end of the day the boat was in the trash can. Sometimes you get a bad one.

Check out the June 2008 IMPBA Roostertail newsletter at www.impba.net for the next chapter of Mono set up tips by John Finch the IMPBA Mono Technical Director.

Latest posts

Back