Under Construction

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian MAhoney said:
Just thought a few of you may like to see my new build.
Brian Mahoney

More pictures can be found on

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/briansboats05

90150[/snapback]

looks Good Brian,

You are the first to build the 05 version. Looks like you are starting to like working with wood. If I remember correctly, the sport40 was your first build. Very nice!

Brian (the original)

Brian

Yes, I'm enjoying the build, even had my 12 year old daughter helping with sanding some of the frames to shape. Have promissed to name the boat Miss Sarah.

I had build a scaled up Wildting before the Sport 40. Just love the way tthe Whiplashes run.

Brian (the other one)

Brian Blazer said:
looks Good Brian,

You are the first to build the 05 version. Looks like you are starting to like working with wood. If I remember correctly, the sport40 was your first build. Very nice!

Brian (the original)

90154[/snapback]

brian (england) ,, ill take it that your comming to the international rc powerboat meeting in the netherlands 23 /24 april right ? i have to see that 05 whipmodel .

jerome

speakerboy said:
brian (england) ,, ill take it that your comming to the international rc powerboat meeting in the netherlands 23 /24 april right ? i have to see that 05 whipmodel .
jerome

91014[/snapback]

Sorry Jerome, maybe one day. Will try and get some good pictures as it goes together. I also have to paint this boat, promised my daughter, so it could be a while before it's done. Will let you know how it runs.

Brian (england, the other one ...)

Whiplash construction

brian , prepair for high speeds, we had a couple of runs last sunday , hit 66 mph , you can see that the whip likes to run free and loose at speeds above 60 mph , i did 4 runs , all with 3 oroe 4 laps , all turns full speed , it does not even slow down in the turns . very impressive ,i was hearing some ooooh annd aaahhs from behind .(felllow boaters) .

finish yours and you will have fun ! oooohh order a 2716 2 blade prop for your whiplash

jerome

Jerome

Good te hear your speeds are comming up. Sounds as though the gas boat runs like thr 40 version.

I already have 2 2716 props, one sharp and shiney the other as supplied by ABC. Will be preparing the second of these myself, using the sharp and shiney as a bechmark to meet in terms of sharpness and balance.

Brian

Brian Blazer said:
Looks great Brian!

You will have to move your coil to the side of the engine, instead of the front.

Brian

92663[/snapback]

Brian

Should have looked harder and found the hyperr torque mounts I suppose.

Do you have any pictures that show the coil mounting?

Brian

Got the mount sorted removed the relocation forks and can then mount the engine with the coil in the original position. Also got a 257 carb, once I had this the right way around the throttle linkage on the speedworld mount works very well.

Brian Mahoney

Gas Whiplash under construction

Latest posts

Back