U-100 'Miss Rock KISW' info.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

I am building a new U-100 and am looking for some information on the real boat. Can anyone tell me if it ever ran WITHOUT the rear wing (have been through that wing drama before) and , if so, when.

Just getting ready for the questions from the 'purists' abour how scale the finished boat will be. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Annabel (Australia)

Thanks Dave. That's the one. But I would like to run it without the wing. The purists will 'have my guts for garters' if I can't prove it ran once without the wing.

Many thanks for your reply.

Bill Annabel.

Bill,

looks like just the thing to give scale a bit of a revival at our club ;D

Tim

Having lived in the Seattle area all my life I am quite familiar with this boat. KISW is a local hard rock radio station and this boat for the most part was a fun uncompetitive joke. It rarely ever finished a heatand they built their local marketing around that. In its final years running it was actually a competitive boat running as the U-99.9.(Those are the station's call numbers). I have not seen the multi colored paint schemes in many years. They were all black with the orange and white logos. I am pretty sure they always had the rear wing in the unlimited class. Check with the radio station's web page and see if you can get some of their stickers. They are all over the place in this area. I think it is www.KISW.COM

If your not stuck on the Miss Rock go with the Coors light....same paint job just no wings to hassle with ;) ...

Just a thought.

Hope it helps

Chris

If your not stuck on the Miss Rock go with the Coors light....same paint job just no wings to hassle with ;) ...

Just a thought.

Hope it helps

Chris
Knowing Bill I'd say he'd like that idea - mmmmmm - beer ;D

Thanks for all the input guys. I have run scale boats for years and have a personal problem with all the 'stuff' that breaks and falls off every time they go A over T. And if you drive them hard, they all seem to do that.

I decided to built a new boat and wanted one that did not have all that 'stuff' that comes off and needs to be repaired and replaced. You end up spending more time fixing and painting than you do running.

I went with one of these boats from Phil Thomas. It's sitting in Scottsdale waiting for me to pick it up.

I liked the 'Miss Rock' paint scheme. I have looked at the Coors Light scheme and it's OK to. I am ordering both sets of decals and a wing set, just in case. It could always break the wing off on the first run and just never get fixed!

Can someone confirm the year for me - what year was the boat in the top picture - with the wing.

Once again, many thanks to all who replied.

Bill Annabel.

Hey Bill...

Lenny backed his truck over it!!! HAHA Just kidding.

He saw my Coors Light at the Nationals and was asking me what boat it made. He told me about ordering one for you..

here are pics of my coors light - http://www.stonerracing.com/sd3

Take care.

Sigh i work wayyy tooo much! it's funny how many of my companies products i see in other ppl's pictures.

but seriously nice boat jay

You said you are ordering new decals for your hydro. Where are you ordering from. Do they do 1/12 scale as well. I have a 1/12 miss bud and down the road I can see redoing the paint scheme. I have not looked into it but have wondered if other decal kits exist.

Thanks for that Jay - You B------, that got my attention real quick.

I have seen the pics of your boat, it's bloody beautiful! I even e-mailed them to the decal guy to ask if he did them as well.

Do you live near Lenny? I have seen your photo on your web site, looks like you like a drink and are partial to a good feed, just like me. If you were close to Lenny and my old mate, Greg Hill, we could spend a lost night - or two - doing what model boaters do best.

So Jay, where did you get your decals from?

I have e-mailed 2 guys but I encountered a small problem this afternoon. Some B------ broke into my office while I was out for lunch - threw a rock through the front window of my shop - and stole my laptop. Now I don't have their details anymore. I think the guys name was Wes. Phil gave me his details so I will have to e-mial Phil to get all the info, again.

Is your Coors a Phil boat? Any trick set-up tips would be great.

Thanks for your reply.

Bill Annabel

Back