Traxxas Just Stepped Their Game Up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always wondering when Traxxas was going to raise their game up on their boats to match their car and truck performance. Being a Nitro R/C Boat Racer and fan of their marketing and promotion on the car side I thought they could really boost the boat market if they got serious with it. I was just going to their site to send an email to them stating the very same thing. but to my surprise... I was cruising the site the other day and I ran across the new Titan. As always Traxxas posts speeds right in front of you so I didn't even have time to doubt it. So with that speed I was thinking. Could it be true? Have they built an inexpensive RTR .21 Engine deep vee that I think the RC boat market could really use? But to my disappointment it was only electric. Well I wasn't "THAT" disappointed. I could still see the potential. The Electric gives new enthusiast a good entry level fairly easy point of entry. I can see nitro would be a bit more difficult. The boat in it's "All Out" form is maybe a tad bit slower than my .21 powered Kyosho FMR customized tuned and ready to race that I had been racing for Kyosho for a couple of years now so I am pretty impressed with out of the box performance like that for an electric boat. I know some of you on here think that electric is faster and it very well might be in the RTR arena but I host a West Coast race where I invite the "Top Guys" of electric in our area who are also record holders to race against our guys in nitro and they are fast but not faster. They can usually hold there own though but more times than not they are over powered.

I was happy with the length of this Titan as it is even longer than my current Aeromarine .40 sized Titan (33") by 3" making it about the length of a .40 mono. The Traxxas Titan is the perfect length to replace my current Aeromarine Titan, however, I wished that they set it up for Nitro use, or like someone said earlier, made it in a bare hull. Although I love painting boats and paint them often for other people Traxxas does such an awesome job int that arena even I have to say "Why bother" . I am also a graphic designer for a living and I still say I would be hard presssed to come up with something any better.

I am excited about Traxxas stepping their game up. I just hope it includes boats that us serious guys can race with. I don't understand why they see boats different. In just about every other market they build the product with performance that can compete on the track with the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest but the boats they always fall short of that. I would think they would see the same way. If the guy at the track that is beating everybody has one that is the rig everyone will want. But in boats they don't even step up like that even though just one organization runs about 60 events nationwide each season. That's a lot of events that could have racers voluntarily promoting their product to that local new enthusiast. And then low and behold he goes to the hobby shop and finds the same boat he saw at the lake. Just like he saw the same car in the hobby shop he saw at the track beating everybody.

I think Traxxas has the start of something good here I just hope they opt to step it up like they do in their cars and not just stick with the entry level guys.

Check out the video here.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/5708titan/

Attachments

• 5708_titan_3qtr_blue.jpg
    5708_titan_3qtr_blue.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool boat, for sure. Looks good with lots of interesting features and including the batteries is a nice touch. But at $399 I think it's kind of pricey for a plastic hull. It would be a better value if it were fiberglass...and available in a nitro version.

Cool boat, for sure. Looks good with lots of interesting features and including the batteries is a nice touch. But at $399 I think it's kind of pricey for a plastic hull. It would be a better value if it were fiberglass...and available in a nitro version.
Yah. I'd like to see a nitro version myself.

about time they steped up there game on the FE side. the villian is old and slow.

it sure looks interesting and promising.

it seems to be a good performer.

nice to have a few more choices for people that are into FE.

Dan

Yah. I'd like to see a nitro version myself.

Would a nitro version fall with class requirements? Say a .21. I was told that the brushless didn't fall under any of the class requirements. but I don't know anything about elec's or any details about this new boat

Latest posts

Back