the bottle?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

would running a small amount of oxygen instead of nitrous fix the leaning out that occurs with using nitrous or will detonation still be present?

Eagle,

Not sure I understand the question. Are you saying to use oxygen INSTEAD of nitrous or WITH nitrous?

Adding more oxygen with the nitrous will make it leaner.

From what I have read about the problem of nitrous systems on boat motors (and a few people have tried it) is the fuel enrichment needed at the same time. It needs bucket loads more fuel when the nitrous is switched on. If the motor doesnt get the fuel, or not enough, it goes lean and BANG in a most spectacular manner. I asked Jim Auguston (SP?) about the system he was developing for K&B 67's, he said according to his dyno the engines made 60% more power than with methanol. But he killed a LOT of 67's and I dont think it ever made it to a boat...

Ian.

well not to use oxygen with nitrous but just pure oxygen by itself maybe losing the nitrogen if that is the other part will help with the leaning out but got a feeling it won`t.email me I want to discuss something with you.I got a hell of an idea but don`t want to leak it out since its been tried(sorry guys :'()

Yeah those little Nitrous creamer bulbs are pretty cool...

people have just asked me why I carry a whipped cream canister and 10 packs!!!

LOL

EMS Racing ...dont ask.....

Latest posts

Back