Team Innovative Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyK

Well, last year was my first year racing after my rookie year and it did not go as well as I had hoped for. Having said that, I did learn a tremendous amount and had lots of fun! Thanks to my teammates, Steve Peterson and Tom Kelly for keeping me from loosing my mind! :blink:

Prior to the start of the season, we thought it would be fun to start our own racing team. We shared many of the same views on things, laughed a heck of a lot and thought that if we traveled together, well we could reduce our costs. Yep, we were right.

We competed individually but at the same time, we helped each other out. It was a win, win, win situation, especially for me, since I could benefit from all those years of experience. We rounded up some team shirts and hats and had a blast. I think we even looked good doing it. :eek:

Anyway, we now have our website up and running. The purpose of the site was to have a place where people in District 2 to go to get up to date standings for 1/8 Scale High Points Championship and Sport 40 High Points Championship standings. During the season, this will be kept up to date weekly, so long as I can get the information from the various clubs. Secondly, it is a place to promote our hobby or sport. People can drop in and see what's going on or just drop in to look at some pretty cool pictures.

The following is part of an article on the website.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to THE INNOVATIVE RACING TEAM for 2009. The team will be competing in International Model Power Boat Association or IMPBA sanctioned events throughout South Western Ontario, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and New York State. Out of a total of 19 classes, we will be competing in Sport 40 (NITRO), 1/8th Scale (NITRO) and ‘D’ Hydro (NITRO). These three classes are very competitive and usually draw between 12 and 20 boats per class. These boats are usually custom built and can measure up to 50” in length and achieve speeds of between 65 to 75 MPH. In the 1/8th scale class, each of these boats is built to replicate its full size big brother as closely as possible. Attention to detail is a key element with these boats since they are judged for detail in relation to the boat they are representing and points are given for best of show.

If you would like to finish reading this article and check out some others, please visit us at: Team Innovative Racing

The site is by no means finished but you will find that there is the tentative schedule for next year there, pictures, video's coming soon and a build album for my 1976 U95 Sunny Jim.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think, it's my first attempt at a website.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, great job on the web site, keep the build pics coming. Hope to see you 3 Stoo,
tongue.gif
I mean Team Innovative at the Nat's. Happy New Year
biggrin.gif
Hammer

Oh, you funny :lol: :lol: :lol: You got to admit, we made you laugh. Well, I certainly hope to be there. It should be a good one from the sounds of it. Thanks for the compliment. Building the next part before the new year. Check back later and the next part will be on there.

Happy New Year to you and your family,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back