SURPRISED!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Perdue

I have been in and out of this boating hobby for quite a while and am not surprised by too much.

Today, I was surprised.

Months back I took a partially built rigger on trade and after looking at it, I decided that I did not really want another boat. Figuring that the only way that I could come out on the trade, was to complete the boat and sell it. I completed it about 2 months ago and just let it set collecting dust, not really interested in running it.

Today I took it to the lake to trim it out so that I could sell it as a running boat. The boat ran good from the first launch. After trimming it out with a conservative set up it keep getting better and better.

After running it all morning we decided to start timing it. The boat was running consistent 14 second laps.

I ran all morning on 22 ounces of fuel and the same glow plug.

The surprise was that this was a 12 Firefighter rigger with a stock S12 Novarossi buggy engine.

No nitro isn't dead, we just may have to adjust our way of thinking on engines and boats. I know that I have.

NO, IT ISN'T FOR SALE NOW. :p

:) That's why I love them. they can run in as rough water as the tunnels and can be faster!

Charles,

Great that you are back out on the water.

What propeller and pipe combination did you test?

As we like to know for our own boats. 22ozs? :lol:

Talk To You Soon,

Mark Sholund

Charles,
Great that you are back out on the water.

What propeller and pipe combination did you test?

As we like to know for our own boats. 22ozs? :lol:

Talk To You Soon,

Mark Sholund
The price of 22 oz of nitro is probably about the same as you would have to spend in a morning on gasoline for a gasser. ;)

The propeller that I was running was one of your warmed up Prather 215's. There was a lot of room for more prop. The boat would almost wheelie when launched.

The pipe was one of Glenn Quarles' stainless 12 pipes. Very strong and very driveable.

The engine sounded like it was turning a Zillion Rrrrs.

I love to hear the nitro engines wind up. :p

This was the first time that the boat had ran but it sure won't be the last. It's FUN.

Back