Super Sport 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stewart

I'm painting a Phil Thomas Super Sport 21. Just wanted to say what a sweet boat it is. I will post some pics in a couple of minutes

B) hello mike thats kool, looking foward to see them! but i was just wondering what brand of hardware does phil recommend on this hull? also if you can give me the part numbers as well or what stuff you plan on using? i am putting together a sport 21 as well

from

norm

fmbc

I agree. Phil also makes a turbine cowl for that boat now as well as a rear radio box for those that prefer to go that way. My Buddy dean just finished painting mine. I will try to get pics on tonight if I can . I used speedmaster hardware. and A Mike Hoghes Motormount. Phil used the same I believe. I know that Mike Z. grimracer.com, has a turnfin for the boat on his site. I am looking forward to racing this up and comming class next year. Ken

Oh boy, everybody's getting new toys! I just got my Sport 40 from Phil today and I was thinking of the Sport 20 also. You never know, I still may get one.

Norm, Phil recommends Speedmaster hardware. My 40 is using a lot of the 20 parts.

Speedmaster Universal motor mount, Sport 20 strut, Mono 3.5 rudder assembly. I called Gary to order my parts. Props from Andy.

Speedmasters unilversal mount will not work on the sp 20 as it is floor mounted. thats why I went with the hughs floor mount. and drilled and tapped the aluminum floor mounts. Ron, that sport 40 will be lots of fun to race. It is still my favorite class. I have raced that type of sp 40 hull since 1993. Ken

I worked with Phil on his mount. His boat requires a mount that has a steep angle and is floor mounted. It is specific to his boat and probably would not work well with most boat designs. It is a simple and ultralight design and I can change the angle if people would like. It has a 8 degree angle. I build a similiar version for the Mutt boat also, 3 degree.

Mike

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=1

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0

Ken

Did you drill and tap the angle? As the rails have been tap already for the motor. Not much material there to tap. .062"

Mike

Mike Hughes said:
KenDid you drill and tap the angle? As the rails have been tap already for the motor. Not much material there to tap. .062"

Mike

70787[/snapback]

HI MIKE, We have just used 6-32 bolts The floor of the boat has 1/8 aluminum plates in the hull to tap into.

If you get one of these boats you really need to get one of Mikes mounts, there are other options but that mount is the easiest to install.

Like Ken said I now have a nice turbine style cowl and a rear radio box. The front box works well with the novirossi type motors with the 180 exhaust. The front radio box can be a bit challenging to get everything to fit. But i have inclulded pictures to help.

Ken Lets see that new paint job.. PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Plan D,, guess the setup info was lost? good luck need more info sent to you?

MOTOR MOUNT

Use the MH Hardware floor mount for 21. Be sure to allow clearance for the header pipe of the Novi Rossi or the carb of the Mac 21.

MH HARDWARE 4602 S.W.316TH Place Federal Way, WA.98023 253-838-2568

Email [email protected] Mike Hughes Motor Mount, turn fins, other hardware

That black looks good lots of shine too. whats the rest of your setup look like did you use the mac motor and rear radio box?

PHIL T

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil. I looked Again at the Instructions and there it was. How about that. I should have looked harder. Your right it has a mac and the rear radio box. That box is the best thing since sliced bread for that boat.

The boat does look good. The guy who painted it did a wonderful job. Black seems to be so hard to get right.

Latest posts

Back