Sport 40 motors....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6cuda6

What Sport 40 motor appears to be the best??? or perhaps most common???

Would also like to know how hard it is to convert a hull setup for one type of motor to run another.....ie; bought a used hull setup for a CMB45 but would like to switch to a Novarossi.....

Thanks, new to this water stuff....race 1/8 scale on road cars mostly but figured i'd get my feet wet......later, Dean

The old blueheaded picco is a good motor for sport 40 but hard to find. If I did not have 3 of them I would go with a mac. KEN

6cuda6 said:
Would also like to know how hard it is to convert a hull setup for one type of motor to run another.....ie; bought a used hull setup for a CMB45 but would like to switch to a Novarossi.....

Thanks, new to this water stuff....race 1/8 scale on road cars mostly but figured i'd get my feet wet......later, Dean

89319[/snapback]

Good luck with finding a 40 sized N/R. They don't make them anymore. The CMB 45 and MAC 45 have the same case dims. Drop-ins as far as I know.....

Adam

Watercadet said:
6cuda6 said:

89319[/snapback]

Good luck with finding a 40 sized N/R. They don't make them anymore. The CMB 45 and MAC 45 have the same case dims. Drop-ins as far as I know.....

Adam

89333[/snapback]

Purple head cmb 45 if it dont blow the first gallon of fuel u got a rocket

There can be only one .......... MAC 45!!! The latest production run are absolutely ballistic out of the box!! Couple it to a 45 parabolic & look out!! B)

Make sure your setup is just like the builder says and either motor will put you in the finals mac or cmb :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guy's i'll make sure to replace the motor with the same as previously installed...

Don't leave out the OPS45. With a few mods,it will run just as good as the CMB and Mac 45s do and it will save you $$$$.

Buddy

Buddy Benedict said:
Don't leave out the OPS45. With a few mods,it will run just as good as the CMB and Mac 45s do and it will save you $$$$.
Buddy

89466[/snapback]

Hmmm, I really don't think even a modified OPS has what it takes to go head to head with the newest run of MAC45's. I've seen some good running OPS motors in days gone by, but these latest MAC's are downright nasty stone stock out of the box. Plus by the time you pay someone to mod the OPS you're not really saving anything. No mudslinging, just my 2 1/2 cents. :)

Don, I have seen Buddy's OPS's run and If his driver keeps the boat right side up they are hard to beat. :blink:

I have to agree with Steve..

A well set up OPS is darn fast. I have also seen Buddys boats run, they can and do lay waist to most other setups.

The OPS is a great choice for sport 40 racing.

Grim

OPS all the way!!!!!! I just love thoso motors. I have no problems with them.lots of parts and cheap.Nick B)

All the OPS 45's I've seen have some sort of reliability issues at some point....If it isn't the piston bosses or crank-pins or discs breaking, then they are ok. I've never heard of any common problems with the Mac......

I've had K&B's that would run hard too.....bearings are the killer as well as the crank pins there....

Picco's seem to hold up not too bad........

But, stock for stock......you can't beat the Mac........

Back