Rudders

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Reese

I got a rudder .21 hydro and was thinking about using it on yhe sport 40.

Is it wide enough? The length looks rite!

Joe Reese said:
I got a rudder .21 hydro and was thinking about using it on yhe sport 40.Is it wide enough?  The length looks rite!

76531[/snapback]

Not too sure about that. Is your 21 rudder a speed master. If so i have a nice speed master 40 size that I would swop for it.

I'm using a .21 rudder on my Sport 40, the same one that I have on my kids .21 mono which is a 'rigger rudder.

How does the .21 hydro rudder work on yor Sport .40 Ron? Other wise I would not mind trading for the .40 hydro rudder. Is the .40 size rudder new?

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea, it's the boat that I'm building during the Winter. It's the one that Gary Preusse told me to use so I'm trusting him on that and he hasn't done me wrong yet.

Joe, is this rudder the Speedmaster brand? if so it will work fine even cut off about an inch.

Speedmaster makes the long 21 rudders for mono and hydro, the mono has a mounting about 1 1/2 long the hydro mounting is closer to the back of the boat.

Speedmaster also has the 21 mini hydro rudder it has a smaller and shorter blade.

the mini would be too small for the sport40 we use that on the sport20 hydros.

Speedmaster also has the 21 mini hydro rudder it has a smaller and shorter blade.
the mini would be too small for the sport40 we use that on the sport20 hydros.
Second

Back