rtr race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

im kickin around the idea of holding some kind of national rtr race in las vegas. i need some input from you guys . as far as clases what time of year sanction etc. the vegas pond is insured threw namba and we can offer one and two day event insurance for impba and apba members. i think this would be a great way to get some new boaters interested in racing. i have been told there has been a ton of these type of boats sold out here in vegas and other citys as well,shane

I think the classes to offer would have to be based on who enters what. That is...if everyone only enters MVs and proboat hydros...than .18 RTR hydro would really only leave two classes...stock and modified.

In short...most races offer all classes, but will only run a class if it gets a certain number of entrants in that class (normally 3 or 4). So, the people coming to the race, set the classes that run at the race, by entering those classes.

So if you got a bunch of .18 monos entered, then that class runs... If you get some of the larger monos offered (shockwave??), then run RTR .32 mono...if you get a bunch of RTR gas monos entered...then that class runs at the race...etc...etc...

I think the big problem you are going to have, is that folks that run RTRs are normally budget racers...or run them along with all their other boats for fun at a normal race. I don't know how many folks will travel across the country just to enter an RTR race...but then again...you are in Vegas... :)

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Back