"Rockett" hardware question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racejunkie538

Hi all

My name is Marc Huider from the Netherlands.

Because my son, he i 6 years old now, has seen the movie "Miss Madison" I build him a 32 hydro like in the movie (still building) and while I was buisy building that hull, I allso start building the "Rockett" from zippkits. I'm that far building my "Rockett" that I have to chose my hardware. In the instruction manual they talk about a .250 strut and a large rudder. Can someone tell me the distance from transom to begin rudderblade and why I sould have that distance (this is my first inboard build setup) Now I have seen some hardware from a German company, rudder 0.8 inch from transom to begin rudderblad (can I use this or not and why/ why not ??) The strut would not be the hardest to chhose.

Thanks for reply

Regards

Marc

Hi Don

Thanks for reply.

I have seen your threat many times, I like your "Rockett design, but what I like to know is, what does diverend rudder setups does or does not to the

handling or performance off the "Rockett". What happens if I place the rudder 0.8 inch from the transom instead off what is normaly used

like you (and many others) did ?? If you look to the rudders off the real 1:1 classics you see that the rudders are close to the transom,

is that because the prop is under the boat instead like the scale ones behind the transom ??

I have add a picture off the ruddel I would like to use.

Regards

Marc

Rudder III (50%).jpg

Hi Don

Thanks for reply.

I have seen your threat many times, I like your "Rockett design, but what I like to know is, what does diverend rudder setups does or does not to the

handling or performance off the "Rockett". What happens if I place the rudder 0.8 inch from the transom instead off what is normaly used

like you (and many others) did ?? If you look to the rudders off the real 1:1 classics you see that the rudders are close to the transom,

is that because the prop is under the boat instead like the scale ones behind the transom ??

I have add a picture off the ruddel I would like to use.

Regards

Marc
I would build it as recommended but move the rudder to the right side of the transom. B)

Back