Reclaiming "the dust"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rebuilt Magnum was on the water for the second time today and I have to admit it runs rather well. I have a K&B 3.5 SX(water cooled) on the boat, was running 55% Wild Cat Fuel, had an Octura X 438 prop, and the c/l of the prop is about a 1/4" above the sponsons. Basically a neutal thrust angle. Nice flat ride and the motor was unloading(the X438 allows that). Great in the corners.

If I wasn't committed(or too stuborn to change) to my WOF designs I'd have to give serious consideration to running this boat.

JD

One last shot. The boat is going to be raced in our District 8 Novice Class this weekend by a new member of our club. He's already talking to me about purchasing the boat RTR.

JD

No Doubt that is the best running Tunnel I've ever had......

Whoever gets that hull will not be disappointed…..

I can’t wait to get my replacement :huh:

Excellent looking work Mr. Dunlap :) I wish I could do that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry Kevin :( It's killing me too dude!!! :( I look at mine in my living room evry day !!!! :angry: :angry: My wife wants me to move it !! I told her touch it and i will KILL YOU !!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Butch the Mac'less Bug !!!!!!!

Jerry how does the SS and XS compare ?????

Re: "SX and SS compare?"

The SX on the Magnum is the best I've had one running. I ran a SX at our first District 8 race and just couldn't get the motor to perform. So, I switched back to my SS. However, after the NAMBA Nats I'll probably give the SX another try.

JD

Just wanted to take a moment to say "THANKS" to Mr. Dunlap for giving this "how-to". Those types of skills are quite rare in my book.

I'll think twice about discarding a good hull the next time I put a scratch in it :blink:

Back