Receiver batteries with 1/4 scale servo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaso

Just after some peoples opinion on what is a good receiver battery pack when running a high torque 1/4 scale rudder servo. I know there are a lot of high milli amp aa size batteries but what is enough to let you run at the lake for afew hours and not have to worry about the receiver pack going flat and having problems with going out of range etc. ????? :eek:

First of all I would have to recomend a fail safe! I lost a nice boat to the rocks this summer because I was too cheap to buy one! $25.00 is cheap insurance. As for the batterys, I have a 5 cell 1800ma pack and it lasts for a long time.

Don't want to sound ignorant or stupid but what is a fail safe, who makes them and how do they work?

I've heard people talk about them a long time ago, like ten years ago, but I never knew much about them other than the name. ???

Not a stupid question. A fail safe is easy to hook up. It plugs inline with the throttle servo. Just plug the throttle servo into the fail safe and the fail safe into your reciever. No battery needed, it runs off the recievers power. The fail safe will kill your throttle if the reciever doesn't get a signal from your transmitter or if your reciever battery gets to low. There is a dial on the fail safe to set where you want throttle to go if it sences trouble.

You should beable to get one at your local hobbie store, Tower Hobbies, E-Bay, etc. I lost a nice boat on it's first run because the reciever got wet and it ran in to the rocks. By the time I got to the boat the engine over heated and was ruined.

The only thing it won't protect against is if your batterys get unpluged so make sure they can't bounce loose.

Thanks, that sounds like a very wise investment for the protection of my gear that I've spent my hard earned cash on. That and I know that if my boat was to suffer a fate such as that I wouldn't be a very happy camper at all. ;D

Back