Power Spark Ignition Sytstem

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the Powerspark system on a modified QuickDraw Hi-Rev and CMB27. Very happy with them. In the case of the QuickDraw the engine would not rev cleanly at peak RPM, I tried many things then replaced the ignition system with the Powerspark system and the engine would rev out cleanly without the high rpm 'miss'. This meant it also reached higher peak rpm.

On the CMB I have only run it with the Powerspark system so can't compare to the original system.

I haven't exhaustively tested ignition curves but in the testing I have done I haven't been able to make a big enough difference to measure on GPS and the peak rpm readings.

Thanks Ian, that is helpful to know. I have a system, but have not tried it in a regular gas engine yet. It seems like there would be significant advantages.

What capacity and voltage battery do you use with it in your boats?

Did you mount it in a place where it get's wet? (It is supposed to be waterproof) Can you post some pictures of your installation?

I run the Power Spark in one of my mono's. The engine it is on always has run with the Power Spark so I can't give comparison but I have been very happy with the performance it has.

There are a couple of pictures of my QuickDraw PowerSpark installation on the Powerspark website. On both boats I mounted the unit outside the radiobox. I used a 1200mAh to independently power the Powerspark system for the QuickDraw, with the CMB I use a 2100mAh battery to power the radio, Powerspark and Voltron GPS. Both are 2S LiFe (6.6V).

Back