Picco 7.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john schultheis

hi just looking for some input on the picco 7.5 inboard i've never had a picco engine before do they run good and is there anything i need to look out for any input on these engines would be greatly appreciated thanks

John

John I ve been running Picco's for long time but honestly I wouldn't waste my time with the new ones.....crankpin issues with all three i got and no manufacturer support even sending the bad parts to Italy........Novarossi or CMB is my options today but this is me! Gill

John, if your going to spend any decent amount of money, I would honestly just invest in the new Nova 46 engine buddy. Its priced right in line with the other "good" 45 engines, and they make darn nice stuff. Everything that I have heard about them has me sold on one if I ever decide to venture into the 45 market.

i don't know what model engines they are i paid 140 bucks for the 2 engines just missing carbs came with spare parts didn't think that was a bad deal if someone know what model these are please let me know these will most likely never be used but would still like to know something about them any info is appreciated thanks

John

$T2eC16VHJI!E9qSO8w7mBQTp)Eowtw~~60_57.jpg

P-45 4-port and P-45 EXR ( 1st version). Both good solid engines. Never saw any crank breakage in those two versions. Keep an eye on the discs. About .003" clearance is required and keep the backplate surfaced flat. Set the heads at about .014" for 40 - 50% nitro. Use about 20% oil and you'll get plenty of good running service out of them. I ran 78 mph with that version EXR in a heavy Brussard rigger back in 1994.

P-45 4-port and P-45 EXR ( 1st version). Both good solid engines. Never saw any crank breakage in those two versions. Keep an eye on the discs. About .003" clearance is required
What potential damage will it do if I have a tight disk clearance? I run 0.001" on most of my disk engines.

Thanks,

kez

do what andy already told you to the exacting measure, it would be allowing for heat expansion, if it gets loose all hell will break loose & shatter the disc in the earlier engines. keep an eye on the lock down screws there.

P-45 4-port and P-45 EXR ( 1st version). Both good solid engines. Never saw any crank breakage in those two versions. Keep an eye on the discs. About .003" clearance is required
What potential damage will it do if I have a tight disk clearance? I run 0.001" on most of my disk engines.

Thanks,

kez
It will just wear the tight spots and before long you'll have two or more thou any way.

Thanks,

kez
It will just wear the tight spots and before long you'll have two or more thou any way.
Thanks. Does it apply to Picco only or all engines?

Thanks,

kez
Thanks. Does it apply to Picco only or all engines?
All engines with that type of disc valve system.

Steve Ball used to hone the disk and the housing absolutely flat.... he helped me with jig pics, and he really had these motors rock for their time...

Back