Picco 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stk carb is fine cut & block High Needle & Low needle & If you runn a third channel mixture control.

stk carb is fine cut & block High Needle & Low needle & If you runn a third channel mixture control.
So Bacially put a different carby on eg like an os or zoom if you can get one.
Nothing wrong with the stk carb if you want to run the low & high needles. You must take the time to set them up to work corectly. But if your are running Third channel mixture control? it is best to remove the taper on the needle & use the threaded part to plug the hole

John i dont like the Stock spray bar/Brass end bell in that carb its too

big and can snap off.

I removed the 2 bolts and had another one made . The new one is a similar

design to the CMB one.

As far as Zoom Charles doesnt make a Picco .45 carb at this stage and

i havnt tried any OS carbs on a .45

The stock carb works just fine with the spray bar done or as other have suggested

with the High and Low needles removed.

Hope that helps

Greg

Charles has informed me that the Zoom carb for the Picco 45, at least for the new blue and the blackheads, is planned to be made over the winter. A protoype with several spray bar configurations has been tested a few months ago and the better one was found. The carb ran exceptionally well. But only he can provide more details of the plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modified stock ---carb holds

IMPBA SAW record 111.85mph---- 115mph pass

IMPBA 1/4 2 lap record--- in the 15sec

OZ 2 lap record ---15.9sec

OZ SAW record --- 108mph ;)

works fine

regards Aaron

Modified stock ---carb holds

IMPBA SAW record 111.85mph---- 115mph pass

IMPBA 1/4 2 lap record--- in the 15sec

OZ 2 lap record ---15.9sec

OZ SAW record --- 108mph ;)

works fine

regards Aaron
Aaron, no doubt that you have a good running carb. However in the latest test that was done with the prototype Zoom 45 carb on the Blue head Picco, the performance was very good. The boat would mill off plane and very quickly jump on plane and accelerate to top speed which was 3-5 MPH faster than any other carb, modified or another brand, that had been ran on this boat/engine.

These test were ran off and on all day to get a good example of actual race conditions.

This is still not an apples to apples test as this was with a heat racing setup, but it does show there is a difference.

We both know there is no such thing as a perfect carb, but I am still working on it.

Cheers, Charles

Hey guys,

How about head clearance?

I running my 45's on 50%

A source told me 14 but that's a little excessive isn't it?

Back