outboard sport 20?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2bright

is a outboard hydro legal in namba? my dad is drawing ribs for a guy in our club for a scaled down b stock hydro and i was wondering if it is legal.

thanks in advance,

Joel Hanson

Hi Joel, Outboard hydro is just that, Hydro. You cannot run an outboard in sport 21 in namba. You will have to run in a-hydro. Bob B)

If you are in IMPBA, B would be 3.5. But from looking at what you asking I think you mean 3.5 outboard hydro. You will also be able to run it in NAMBA A outboard hydro. This is a 3.5 class. Most district don't run this class. But a few do-District 8,19. You will see this class at nats also. You will also be able to run it in A hydro but not sport 20.

Mike

I'm racing a Sundowner 7.5 K&B powered O/B rigger. It was built by Ken Reiley, other than being fun to race it's far off pace with the Eagle's and the MAC engines.

Guys,

Joel is refering to an APBA B stock laydown hydro. If you are scaling it down to run a .21 outboard you should be able to run it in sport 21. There is a guy from Sacramento that builds full sized boats and makes scale models to run R/C. He's been at the Nats a few years. Anyway Tony "Slow poke" ran one in our district last year, didn't have much luck with it though.

Chris

Ken Reily also makes those kits, well he used to. I heard Bill Peck still has one of his original kits unassembled and in the box.

Chris,

I believe Tony ran that boat in a-hydro. No outboards in any sport class. (namba)

You would have a heck of a time keeping all but the drive dog under the boat. Oh by the way, I hear the strut thing was shot down! Good news.

BobTuttle B)

Back