• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

OS 9B Carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olly, I have a brand new in bag OS part your welcome to. Give me your address and it's yours.

Is anybody making throttle arms for this carb??Or does anyone have any they want to sell?

Olly

Olly:

I thiink Dick Tyndall and maybe Preston Hall were making these at one time
Hi Olly,

I was making these in the past. I am unable to make any right now, as everyone by now knows. I made my arms out of .075 thick stainless steel. The big hole is 8 MM, or .315. The small hole is .063, or a #52 drill bit. Center to center between these two holes is .730. This material will saw easily with a hack saw with a fine blade, and you can sand it to shape on a disc sander with PLENTY of water there to cool it down! I put 1/8 inch of offset in the arm using two vices; my milling machine vice ( big ) and a small drill press vice. After drilling the holes and sanding the arm to shape, scribe a mark about 3/16 inch above the top of the big hole across one side of the arm. Put the big end of the arm down into the big vice with the line you just scribed even with the top of the vice jaw. The end with the small hole is now sticking straight up out of the vice. Get a 3/16 inch drill bit and sit it on top of the jaw of the big vice next to the arm and parallel to the vice opening. Now get the small vice, turn it upside down and clamp it onto the top of the arm. The drill bit gives you a 3/16 inch gap between the two vices. Remove the drill bit, and using a soft hammer, tap the small vice until you get a 1/8 inch offset in the arm. JUST BE SURE THAT BOTH VICES ARE CLAMPED VERY TIGHT! Sorry if this is confusing, but ask Don Ferrette about this...............he watched me make one of these for him about 2 months ago. They really are easy to make, and you will NEVER break one.

My congrats on your US-1 in Scale this year! Any good news for me about the turn fin you were using on the boat?

Dick

Thanks Dick

I kinda/sorta understand and I will think about making one myself.

Yes - it was your T5 turnfin on by Scale. I borrowed it from Steve Ball as I didn't have a chance to sharpen the one from Don. I could get right on the buoys with it :D

As you know - I've been trying for a very long time to get a US-1 - its great to finally get it -with a little (lot) of help from some great friends.

Olly

the aluminum black anodized arm off of the new cmb hydro 45 carb fits on the threaded diameter of the os 9b. i added 2 new 4-40 set screws to mine . the arm is a lot beefier than the old cmb arms

Latest posts

Back