• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ops 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigtmare

Looking for a new ops RPM rod, and piston & sleeve.The new style.Thanks

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigtmare said:
Looking for a new ops RPM rod, and piston  sleeve.The new style.Thanks Nick

79300[/snapback]

Hey Buddy, Whats Happenin',,,Did RPM make rods for the OPS's? :huh:

Don't trust me pal, I don't know nuthin' :lol: Happy New Year To Ya'll :)

Happy new year t u 2 Jerry!!! Yes RPM made rods for the ops but that was million years ago. I'm sure someone has one in there collection? I just have too fine out who? Thanks Buddy, All the best for 2005 Nick

Hey, Nick, Nick,,Swamp! :p Didn't those RPM rods have to have "steel" bushins'

shoved into em to work right?? with "needle" bearings in there :huh: If so wouldn't

they be kinda rusty by now? Why a OPS engine? Are ya on a budget or sumthin'?

Most of the guys I saw runnin' those things sure could "cuss" good :lol:

See, this is my lure for your post here,,get up and say some stuff like that,,and

it's like "throwin' a rock in a Bee's Nest :lol: :lol:

You're a funny guy MR J/W :lol: They didn't use a steel bushing..they used a

plastic bushing. NO needle bearings in the 45's and they hammered

the bushings and centered them with a punch :lol: I had a keeley

needle rod that i bought at the london race. I think i have to turn

my garage upside down to find it. The last time you caused commotions

it was at Charlie's nova rossi forum. And it worked out very good for him.

You sold the engine for him. :lol: :blink: B) So maybe you will find me

a rpm rod. ;) Yea i am on a budget but to my knowledge there is nothing

in this hobby that is cheap. You pay one way or another in the long run.

For someone who runs k&b's you should try an ops sometimes. :lol:

see ya..Nick

I almost did buy a OPS,,gawd,,I don't know how many years ago,,But it was goin'

to be an 67 and I was goin' to build a bracket to hold it on a K&B lower unit (OB

of course) with the carb stickin' straight up outa the back of the 67 OPS IB motor,,

I know what your startin' think,,,didn't Jim Irwin do that? yeah he did ,but about

4 years after I was gonna do it. I was runnin' 1/4 scale tunnels around that time,

back when they came out with the 1/4 sacle DPI Seabold look alike tunnel and I wanted a better "powerhead" than those G$%##&%&^!! K&B's. I've only owned

one good K&B out of six that I've owned,, that was the "95" 7.5,,it runs well even

today,,but I did see a 7.5SS on the newest WOF boat runnin' in stock class up in

the Seattle area ,owned by a man,,last name "Bailey",,it ran strong,,probably was

the boat mostly. I'm a "Picco" and "Thunder Tiger" fan mostly and their both not

made anymore,,,and Thats why I'm Such A "Lunatic" :lol: :lol:

it's time to,,"KNARFFLE THE GARTHOCK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Jerry that boat you saw Bailey running up in Seattle is my design that we were talking about a couple month's ago. Fast Huh! Greg Roth :p

GRoth265 said:
Hey Jerry that boat you saw Bailey running up in Seattle is my design that we were talking about a couple month's ago. Fast Huh! Greg Roth :p
79897[/snapback]

Fast Indeed! And Light! and cornered Perfect :)

Call Aeromarine and get one of their rods(#2102). Its a copy of the RPM one and only costs $25. I have one in our sport 40 motor and its 3 years old with 20+ races on it with no problems.

Buddy

Back