Ogeechee RC Modelers Spring Challenge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd,

Well said. We certainly had the larger Nats races in mind when scheduling D-3 events. Throw in a half dozen WCRA races and holiday weekends such as MOTHER'S DAY, FATHER;S DAY, EASTER, etc. and the race dates are very difficult to spread out. Should this be a topic of discussion on the agenda for June's meeting? Don

Don: I have sent this in to Ron to go on the Agenda. I agree with you about dates but Ron and Bobby are sharp guys and if anyone can figure it out it will be them.

Don: Do you have a telephone number and/or email address for Steve Herl? I need to get ahold of him but don't have a contact. Many thanks,

Perry

captwalter said:
Don:  I have sent this in to Ron to go on the Agenda.  I agree with you about dates but Ron and Bobby are sharp guys and if anyone can figure it out it will be them.Don:  Do you have a telephone number and/or email address for Steve Herl?  I need to get ahold of him but don't have a contact.  Many thanks,

Perry

98736[/snapback]

Perry,

You have a PM. Don

weather was Awesome!!

Results.... youll have to wait for someone with a complete list.

Beer ..... Oh yeah Lots of Beer .... and Jager, and Beam , and......

Girls, yep we went to hooters on Friday and Saturday. ate a total of 150 wings and saw lots of funbags.

~James

I'll fill in the blanks as I go through my notes. If you see any errors, message me and I'll correct them. The back of the T Shirt is the first picture in the photo album. If anyone is interested in purchasing one they are $15.00. Email Steve at [email protected] . Results from the Spring Challenge:

High Point : Lamar Huff

B Tunnel

1 Kevin Lee Lynx/K&B/440/K&B

2 Don Gilbert HTB/Nova Rossi/ / Irwin

3 Tony Atwell Dumas/K&B/438/K&B

Sport B Tunnel

1 Kevin Lee Lynx/K&B/440/K&B

2 James Clegg Villain/K&B/ / K&B

3 Tony Atwell Dumas/K&B/438/K&B

D Tunnel

1 Tony Atwell HTB/Rossi/648/Bullit

2 Don Gilbert Hornet/Rossi

3 Kevin Lee HTB/Rossi/235/K&B

Open Tunnel

1 Mitch Atwell

2 Kevin Lee HTB/Rossi/235/K&B

3 James Clegg Villain/Nova Rossi/ / K&B

B Hydro

1 James Clegg Villain/K&B/ /K&B :p

2 Kevin Lee Lynx/K&B/ / K&B :blink:

3 John Knight Diamondback/Nova Rossi/H5 :unsure:

D Hydro

1 John Knight

2 Stan Sova

3 Mitch Atwell

E Hydro

1 John Knight

2 Bill Clark

3 Stan Sova

F Hydro

1 John Steltzer

2 Charles Simmons

3 John Knight

B Mono

1 Lamar Huff Seaducer/CMB/

2 Bob Halliday Sightler/Nova Rossi/442

3 James Clegg Seaducer/Nova Rossi/440

E Mono

1 Lamar Huff Microburst/CMB

2 Bob Halliday Sightler/OPS/455

3 Mark Harrelson Microburst/

F Mono

1 Bob Halliday Sightler/OPS/457

2 Charles Simmons Seaducer/CMB 80

3 Martin Coleman Seaducer/CMB /1465

Sport 40

1 Mitch Atwell

2 Randy McCarty

3 Bill Clark

60 Scale

1 Stan Sova Squire Shop

2 Randy McCarty U-6 Miss Madison/Pico/245

3 Bill Clark U-7 Notre Dame/Pico/457

23-30 Huff

1 Scott Huff Microburst/Zenoah/6717-3

2 Kathy Huff Microburst/Zenoah/6717-3

3 Don Huff Microburst/Zenoah/6717-3

Open Huff

1 Lamar Huff Microburst/Zenoah/6717-3

2 Don Huff Microburst/Zenoah/6717-3

3 Scott Huff Microburst/Zenoah/6717-3

Crackerbox

1 Lamar Huff RC Boatworks/Zenoah/270

2 Don Huff RC Boatworks/Zenoah/270

3 Stan Sova RC Boatworks/ Zenoah/270

23-30 Cat

1 Steve Amerson

2 Lamar Huff

3 Barry Droste

Open Hydro

1 John Steltzer

2 Roger Amerson

3 Kevin Lee

Open Offshore

1 Steve Amerson

2 Scott Huff

3 Charles Simmons

Talk Smack Award

Mitch Atwell

We also did a "Fast Lap" competition. This was a short, tight course, so don't look at these as record breaking times. It was just some "friendly" competition after the racing was over Saturday.

Fast Laps:

Hydro : John Knight / E Hydro 7.64s

Gas : John Steltzer / Hydro 8.19s

Tunnel: Mitch Atwll / D Tunnel 9.33s

Mono : Too busy with the beer!!

I'm starting to load pictures HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the fastest lap competitions? Results for them!!

Gabe, where did you get the Seaducer from?? Keep on throwing gas on the fire! I just might end up selling it.

I'll get them on there shortly John.

I hope we see Gabe in B mono at the next race. If not for a little bad luck he'd have had 2nd for the weekend. Those top 3 20's were really getting it this weekend.

-Bobby

John Knight said:
What about the fastest lap competitions?  Results for them!!
Gabe, where did you get the Seaducer from??  Keep on throwing gas on the fire!  I just might end up selling it.

100091[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with fast laps or seaducers... This has to do with four rounds of HEAT RACING in 20 hydro. This has to do with the fact that two K&B powered SPORT TUNNELS finished ahead of your ORLIC NOVAROSSI POWERED DIAMONDBACK HYDRO. :blink: (how many points did you have anyhow? :eek: )

Your D, E, and F hydro was smoking pretty good (thanks in part to certain pitman help)....... But the 20 Hydro was sucking hind tit, to the flavor of a villain and a lynx. I may just have to enter the little stock boat in 20 hydro again at our race and mix up the district points race a little...... As the smack talking award winner would say, what does that hind tit taste like anyhow?

Maybe next time you can give me a little competition for my STOCK TUNNEL, whatya say??

Do you prefer Hightest or midgrade gas John?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

****disclaimer****

I am campaigning for the "Smack Talking" award presented to Mitch Atwell. Even he should know better than to challenge me to a BS session, he already knows I can eat more Hooters wings......

I appreciate the opportunity to run the little mono, had a blast.

~James Gabe Clegg

Back