ob mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

has anyone converted a 21 seaducer to ob power ?...I have a lawless with out a skeg.....would like to use inboard steering....the lawless unit be locked in place....not sure where to locate rudder in relation to the prop....should it be in front of prop ....should it along side of prop....should it be behind prop....also how far to the right should the rudder be from the prop ?....open to suggestions....thanks....bob

has anyone converted a 21 seaducer to ob power ?...I have a lawless with out a skeg.....would like to use inboard steering....the lawless unit be locked in place....not sure where to locate rudder in relation to the prop....should it be in front of prop ....should it along side of prop....should it be behind prop....also how far to the right should the rudder be from the prop ?....open to suggestions....thanks....bob
Talk to Jerry Crowther if you can get ahold of him. I'm pretty sure he still holds the NAMBA o/b mono record with a Seducer.

-Mitch

This subject interests me .since im allergic to the starter belts and motor mounts of a inboard and have a couple sprint cat hulls laying around i have had the thought of mounting a outboard on one .they do it in real boat racing but I've never seen one in rc boats

This subject interests me .since im allergic to the starter belts and motor mounts of a inboard and have a couple sprint cat hulls laying around i have had the thought of mounting a outboard on one .they do it in real boat racing but I've never seen one in rc boats
Way back "in the day," I ran a K&B 67 on a Dumas fiber glass Skater Cat. It ran fairly decently and turned very well.

JD

Bob, I'm in the process of mocking up my Byrd's Hornet with a Hi-jack/Lawless/CMB combo. Is this project of your's what you're buying my Hi-Jack mount for?

The Speedmasters that I have are both undrilled.

The Microburst boat that I converted to OB was rigged just like Bob M. is talking about doing. Locking the engine and using a rudder makes the boat handle and turn much better. I did not want the prop to be way back behind the boat so I installed another transom a couple inches froward from the back of the boat then cut a slot just big enough for the leg to go through the original transom. The boat runs really good on calm water but when the course gets roughed up the deep v hull with the outboard weight above roll center makes the boat do a lot of tipping. I don't think NAMBA allows the engine to be locked if the boat is raced in the OB mono class. I would like to see more monos in Mod-VP.

Guy built one here one time with twin stock 7.5s on it. Not sure if he ever ran it but it sure looked good.

Latest posts

Back