No Longer Posting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paul

Hello Guys,

Unfortunately I will be leaving this forum seeing as though my posts are so easily edited for no good reason. It's a shame, I thought this was an open forum.

Best regards, Paul.

Awww...c'mon Paul. Your post wasn't "easily edited for no good reason". The THREAD was locked for EVERYONE to keep it from deteriorating.

These forums are here for everyone's benefit...not "politicin', mud-slinging, mine's better than yours and here's why". Everyone learns here.

Opinions are a touchy subject at best. We all know this. Asking someone's opinion or voicing you own is a delicate matter. When a thread 'heads south', it is the Mod's responsibility to control the damage.

Don't take it as a personal attack on yourself...it wasn't meant that way.

Your posts are infomative and it would be a shame to lose your perspective and experience over something trivial that got out of hand.

Peace! ;D

PJ

Well said PJ, Paul it would be unfortunate for you not to use intlwaters anymore, however I agree with propjockey, and Doug for locking it, leave the politics and mud slinging alone. There is enough of that on "other forums". We all have our own opinions. Yes I know all about free speech...blah...blah...blah, but if it gets to point of being an argument, its kind of a turn off to any newcomers to the forum/sport.

Just let the thread go, and continue on with the spread of FE knowledge. Im glad to have you guys in here, we're all boaters no matter what bullet we chose to use. ;D ;D

James ~

Hey big guy. I didn't like seeing the thread locked either, but stick around.

I thought that 700 thread was just getting warmed up and I was about to post about seeing Larry's new 700 8.4v equipped Taifun run against my SS1 equipped Taifun.

Gentlemen, lots of unquantified variables this weekend like rough water and battery condition, but I saw enough to feel there might be something to that new motor.

Paul thought there might be something wrong with my SS1, but I have others and will swap out. The 700 equipped Taifun, although not the best rough water hull, appeared to be easily SS1-fast in the straights.

That's not the final word, just an indication that there MIGHT be something there.

Hopefully, I'll have one this week and run it against Charlie's in my EV. Our two boats are VERY close and it will be a VERY good test.

Stay tuned.

Gentlemen

The subject of comparing the SS1 and the new 8.4 700BB for racing performance was a perfectly valid topic for discussion. That is not the reason why the thread was locked and you all know it.

There is no reason at all why someone can not start a new thread to continue with the discourse on these two motors.

wow, i think that's a first for intlwaters.

Tom's advice for forums:The think about forums is that it is real easy to read too much in to what someone has said. It even happens that people totally missunderstand what a person has said. Why? Cause there is no body language in a forum. I once pissed off Andy Brown in a forum cause i did not explain something i said well enough. had i said the same thing in person..... would have never happened.

so just remember when you get pissed off...... if this guy was standing right next to you and was talking to you with body language, facial expressions..... would you take what he said the same way? if the answer is maybe not.... then don't get upset right away.
[me=TomMoorehouse]Stepping off soap box[/me]

Hi Guy's

I have read the other thread and everyone seems to have got a bit bent out of shape. From my point of view - not being an amp head - the thing that makes this a great place to exchange info is that people check their egos at the door. I think it's great that all you knowledgable people are hear but don't let this become like some other forums.

We are all here because we love boats - regardless of type or brand X Y Z - it boats that makes us brothers - sisters?

Maintain the fun and information exchange and more people who are curious will get involved.

just my $0.02

GT 8)

Your Right guys it did get a little out of hand.I am a little hardheaded at times.

Andrew is a good guy,With a fine reputation.Todays economy is enough to get anybody a little tight in the shorts.

LSH is ready for a new motor .And I welcome the advance.No matter who comes up with it.

Its a really neat class to run.But just like any other racer I am always looking for a way to shave a few seconds off my lap times.Thats what makes us racers!

As a beginner, I hate reading this kind of thread. I'm still at the foot of the learning curve and miles from any other boaters and find these boards the only source of real help. There must be others like me who find what seems to be a fairly petty problem (especially as I haven't got a bigger motor than a 400 ;) ), such as this, blown out of all proportion a discouragement to taking up the hobby.

Come on, kiss and make up :-* ;D - I need you

I for one cant wait to get my new 700 from Andrew. We all invest money to learn new tricks and gain an edge and I consider it an investment and dont expect Andrew to send me one to test before I buy it. I paid for my first SS1 and was quite happy I did. I didn't ask Chris to send me one for testing before I bought it.

On the other hand if Chris did find an off the shelf motor or even made his own and its just coming to market, I as a business owner give him a pat on the back. We as business owners need to find and fill niches to fill, in order to stay ahead of the rest. And with a year of sales he did that 110%. He did the research and while others did nothing about better 700's got the profits.

Time to move on.

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

I'm leaving to :eek: > :(

Gotta go to work.

He'll be back, may not post for a while

but he'll be reading

LOU ;D

Hey LOU, you know you should get a REAL Villain ;)

They are a much nicer looking piece of work ;D

Just Stirring if you couldnt tell haha

I hope he comes back...IW is a great place for all to say their opinion as long as it doesnt get too nasty ;)

Also, what was Paul's screen name on RRR, curious that is all

Kris

Hey Kris, I'm aboat to enter into the world of Tunnels. Unfortunatly its not a Villain It's a WaveMaster that I picked up in a great package deal. I may just have to pop over to that tunnel forum if I have setup Problems.

Pauls user name on RR is Paul ;D

LOU

Sweet as, i dont mean to clog this thread (although it might make it a bit happier mood) but what sort of setup has it got on it?

Keep up the good work on your fav boat! Mr Villain ;)

Oh and i had a feeling it was something like that, he is a good guy, too bad it had to go this way...

kris

Hey Kris, It had a flex shaft setup installed with a 17 turn double but was never finished. The previous owner was not happy with the speed of the stock dolphin setup and was trying somthing one of his buddys did. I got the stock Dolphin and am gonna run that with an aveox 1409/1.5 and 10 to 12 cells. We are working on stiffining up the hull right now. Actually my buddys doing the hull work and I'll do the drive end. Should be testing in a week or 2.

LOU

Hello Guys,

Unfortunately I will be leaving this forum seeing as though my posts are so easily edited for no good reason. It's a shame, I thought this was an open forum.

Best regards, Paul.

Latest posts

Back