Nitrous for RC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWEEEEET..... Wonder what would happen on a boat. Wonder if the IMPBA or NAMBA would approve of that on boats? Wonder if they are shooting actual Nitrous of compressed Co2 in to the motor or carb????

Good questions to email them.

Josh

what a load of crap all that is is nitro in a gas form, we already are raming as much liquid nitro into the engine as we can a little bit of nitro in gas form isnt going to help. the systems arnt syfisticated enough to fit into that small of a boat. im tied of writing i will write more on this later.

Joel Hanson

The guys in Indy already tried it. Wasted a Picco Engine. However they were using the real deal.

Flyin Rat Sass said:
Yea,but the ad says[SIZE=21pt]RISK FREE[/SIZE]
Risk Free ? LOL Does that include personal injury? LOL As I recall the story the engine they blew up went from 26,000 to way over 40 before they could say BOOM. Someone should test the thing on a dyno and see what happens. Nitro and nitrous could be Very Dangerous.

Hello Guys,

On that page there are videos of them running the stuff in a truck on a home made dyno. You can see and hear exactally when they injected the nitrous.

what a load of crap all that is is nitro in a gas form,
Joel, nitrous is an oxidizer not nitro fuel. This could be good for saw runs or for that little extra squeeze to get you across the finish line first. I'm not up on how you guys change fuel mixtures on the fly but if you can fatten up the mixture and then add the nitrous you will run faster than if you ran straight nitro, simply more air more fuel more power.

Paul.

Wonder if they are shooting actual Nitrous or compressed Co2 in to the motor or carb????
Those little bottles are actually full of Nitrous Oxide. Used to be able to buy them at "head shops" under the name Whip-it.

Propjockey Racing.....balloons not included. :blink:

PJ..........you've gotta tell us how you knew that :lol:

I haven't heard the term Whip-its in 15 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Norm is the dyno man and I gotta agree with his statement, BOOM!!!!!!!

And lotsa "Itty Bitty Pieces"

Actually I do dat too often with just 60 % :blink:

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
PJ..........you've gotta tell us how you knew that
Ummmm......I learned LOTS of stuff in college. Including how to make your own whipped cream dispenser. B)

BTW...Nitrous Oxide (N2O) is an oxidizer, not a fuel. It rapidly accelerates combustion, but by itself is non-flammable. The 'nitro' in our fuel is Nitromethane (NO2CH4 I think...been awhile).

The trick to using Nitrous Oxide in an internal combustion engine is metering the fuel to avoid a super-lean condition and ventilating the piston crown. Theoretically, you could use Nitrous Oxide continuously in an engine if you could get the fuel metering right. Problem is, you would be creating a bigger bang than the engine components were ever designed to withstand (itty-bitty pieces!).

Had a look at the video's on the site. I'm reminded as to why I'm into boats and not cars... Didn't impress me much.. :blink:

hi all back when i was dragracing i ran nitrous it was pumped on below the carb and it also pumped in extra fuel. i looked at the web site they are pumping the nitrous in before the carb would this way make the carb feed the extra fuel that may be needed if any.from what i see the nitrous is just replacing the air that the engine is pulling in. jimmy eddleman

I have a set of heads we use for weight when laminating stuff in the shop (BB CHEVY). All are aluminum and all have the valve seats destroyed /melted. One little mistake on the weather, timing numbers, or fuel regulation numbers and BOOM. And that is with gas/parts cleaner. One good thing about boating we don't have to wait to clean up the oil mess on the race course.

My dad tried something similar to this 10 years or so ago.

NOS used to make a system called "Sneaky Pete". He installed the kit on a CMB 90 in a 45" Youngblood hull. Even with the engine running slobbering rich (via a fuel doctor) as soon as you "hit" the button the boat would immediately lean out, blow the plug, and shut off. It would make a nice jump in speed and RPM right before it shut off though...

The ONLY way to make Nitrous work is to inject additional fuel into the engine in proper relation to the amount of Nitrous that you are injecting. It can be done, but it would take some R&D (aka trial and error).

From what I see this system does not inject any additional fuel into the engine. They must be injecting a VERY small amound of "squeeze"...

Later,

Lamar

Back