New button is turning black...why??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol... i know exactly what you mean dubs... i do mine the same exact way,, only difference is i use a fine small sanding drum on the dremel... anything short of manufacturing,, this is the way i prefer... if you needed hundreds well then,, ya id look into it... like j dubs said,,, they will cause some heat in the finger tips...lol...be sure not to apply a bunch of pressure or out of no where it will fold up...somtimes its easier to do 2-3 at once... i think once you have figured the port timing out, i would recommend cutting the timing instead of shimming... i know it works ,,and i know your cutting the head to compensate for the added head space,,,but the reality is that your taking some of the pinch away between the p/l....im sure you know,,, im just throwin it out there... i think you might find that a .17cc volume will work quite well at like .007-.008 head space...

alden

oh ya and j-dubs,,, i would sure bet that go has perdy much the same bore as the tt's... i know the aqua's i mess with are...

alden

To make shims you can try brass shim stock taped down and a compass with points.

Scribe out the center cirlcle first, spinning lots of light passes and if your consistent it will break through easy.

You can use a scissors for the outside after its marked with the compass.

Roll with a wooden dowel to flatten the burrs.

lol... i know exactly what you mean dubs... i do mine the same exact way,, only difference is i use a fine small sanding drum on the dremel... anything short of manufacturing,, this is the way i prefer... if you needed hundreds well then,, ya id look into it... like j dubs said,,, they will cause some heat in the finger tips...lol...be sure not to apply a bunch of pressure or out of no where it will fold up...somtimes its easier to do 2-3 at once... i think once you have figured the port timing out, i would recommend cutting the timing instead of shimming... i know it works ,,and i know your cutting the head to compensate for the added head space,,,but the reality is that your taking some of the pinch away between the p/l....im sure you know,,, im just throwin it out there... i think you might find that a .17cc volume will work quite well at like .007-.008 head space...

alden
You're right, I did use a sanding drum too,, must be gettin' old. Are you still running that cut sleeve I did for you or did you cut another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
same sleeve my friend,,,still runs very well,,,, i did happen to slightly score a piston skirt from a bad bearing but not bad enough to be fatal to compression.. (score doesnt run all the way to the crown)... that sleeve still to this day has a tight spot... thats 2 seasons old... keeping her lubed has served me well...

alden

Back