• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need a blue head MAC84 case

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a blue head MAC 84 case, anybody got one?? :unsure:
Don Ralph has 2 Mac 84 engines for sale out of a twin.
While that would yield a sxxtload of spare parts all I need is a case. I would even consider a blue head 67 case & have it bored. I need the case to repair a supposedly "cherry" 84 I got in a trade. Turns out the bore between the bearings was "cleaned up" by the previous owner & now it sucks air like a vacuum cleaner because the crank seal can't be maintained. Of course I didn't find this out until after I freshened up the motor with new bearings & tried to run it in one of the twins. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered placing a bronze bushing in for a crank seal? I believe thst several on here can do that for you; Frank Orlic, Rod G, or John A. It would probably be cheaper than a new case, and work better. IF none of those will do it, I might have a contact who can do it. I plan to have the capability to do that type of work, but my lathe is on a pallet until the shop gets done.

Don

Give Brad Chirsty a call Brad can fix you up. You no I get a cut from that.LOL

Dave Roach

I had the same problem with one of my twin motors that I bought off of someone else. Very hard to tune. I ended up just putting in one of those sealed bearings on both engines. Problem solved. I did not even have to change the bearings. I jsut popped out the the seal and put it in the motor.

If you can't find a case than I think I have a great home for the piston and sleeve in your hurt motor. :p

-Buck-

If you can't find a case than I think I have a great home for the piston and sleeve in your hurt motor. :p
-Buck-
I have a great home for that case you can't get a piston & liner for. :p

There has got to be a good case out there somewhere at a reasonable price ....... :unsure:

-Buck-
I have a great home for that case you can't get a piston & liner for. :p

There has got to be a good case out there somewhere at a reasonable price ....... :unsure:
The other 84 engines I spoke of earlier... HAVE Been SOLD Thanks I/W

Back