Need 90 Degree fuel inlet for OS engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shnick

Im looking for a 90 degree fuel inlet for my OS .21, the one in use hits the crankcase, and doesn't work at all... i have no choice on carb placement, so this is all i can do...

Option 2: Find a aftermarket carb to replace???

LHS dont have it, it looks like this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCM37&P=7

the one pictured is too big, i need one with 3.5 mm dia. threads for a 20J carb

Thanks, Shnick :p

OS make a bunch of different Banjo style needles for their carbs - talk really nicely to your OS distributor and see what they have available for some of the smaller motors. Where is your carb inlet and why does it hit the crankcase - can you post a pic and see if we can come up with other suggestions.

Have you looked at www.gsracing.com ? They have some right angle fittings in a 4mm thread size anodized in different colors. They are normally used for fuel pressure fittings. I don't know if it'll fit but are the only ones that I know of that might be small enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shnick said:
:angry: Sorry i don't have the part # for the 3.5 mm type, But have purchased them from OS.

They are a Banjo style that screws into the same place as the fuel barb on carb body.

** The banjo style fuel inlet that go's in place of the main needle assembly is this : OS #27757010 ~~~~~~ it is used on the 61FX aircraft engine BUT fits all the OS carbs like 2D, 2E, 4E, 20G and so on.

PS. The small 3.5 mm size I had bad luck with for 2 reasons ..... 1 they were real fragle and easy to break off ........ and #2 reason they would not flow enough fuel and would lean out the engine too much.

The # I give you is the BEST way to go, just use a remote needle assm.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Scott, I saw that one on towers website, but it seemed a little large in the photo, and wasn't sure on the length...

I'll be sure to try it...

Thanks again, Shnick :D

Latest posts

Back