NAMBA Gas Scale Hydro Proposal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

I wanted to give everyone an update on what's been going on with PNWTA and the Gas Scale Hydro Class. For the last three years we have been running the class in the Seattle area and have used the NAMBA GX-1 engine class as our engine choice. After much discussion we have decided to modify the PNWTA rules and our NAMBA proposal to include G and GX class engines up to a maximum 30.5cc displacement. The reason for this change is due to the new low cost 36mm piston engines being introduced by the manufactures. We chose the 30.5cc maximum to allow these new motors, including 2mm stroker cranks to run in the class but will allow us to keep the $2000.00 plus 35cc exotic engines from being used. With input from NAMBA, we wrote the proposal below so it can be voted on at a national level and be inserted in the NAMBA rulebook as written - Just to be clear we are only submitting the below proposal to NAMBA District Eight at this time and then it will be up the the District Director to move it on to NAMBA for a national vote.

Please contact me if you have any questions on this proposal.

Marty Shallenberger

NAMBA National Scale Chairman

www.pnwta.org

D. SPECIALTY CLASSES

GAS SCALE UNLIMITED HYDROPLANE

Gas Scale Unlimited Hydroplane racing rules are intended as a supplement to the general racing rules of NAMBA. In the case of a conflict, the Gas Scale Unlimited Hydroplane racing rules will prevail.

Gas Scale Unlimited Hydroplane racing will follow Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Section #21 with the exception of the following.

HULL SPECIFICATIONS

1. All boats will be models of past or present Unlimited Hydroplanes that are listed on the Gas Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Master Hull Roster. The true scale dimensions of any Gas Scale Unlimited Hydroplane will be derived from the unlimited dimensions listed on the Gas Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Master Hull Roster.

2. Boats are to be built on a scale of 1.80 inches equals 1 foot of the actual boat (1/6.67 Scale).

3. Boats will measure within the following tolerances of the true scale size,

excluding appendages.

a. Overall Length ……………………………... ± 1.25 inches

b. Beam…………………………………….……± 12%

c. Maximum Depth……………………………...± 10%

d. Afterplane Length (three point design)….……± 10%

e. Tunnel Width…………………………………± 10%

4. Motor belly pan for motor and flywheel only. If applicable, the dimensions will not exceed five inches in width, nine inches in length, and one inch in depth. The belly pan can not exceed the depth of any riding surface or recovery surface. If the real boat had a full length belly pan, the model must conform.

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

G or GX Class engines from 15 to 30.50 cubic centimeters

Marty

Hey Marty,

Man, this is good news. I read the e-mail this AM and was pleased to see that the two new engines will be included. Guess I'll have to order a RCMK when we return from SOCAL. Gizmo is quick and I don't want it sitting by the front door.

Have you seen the new addition to Houston's Budweiser distributors delivery vehicles??? Pic attacher FYI !!!

Thank you for all your efforts Marty. CHEERS !!! Bob

Latest posts

Back