NAMBA A-OPC Tunnel Rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeP

I have a OS 3.5 outboard with a OS inflight remote needle, sharpened skeg, and a bellmouth intake on the carb. I was wondering if these were legal in NAMBA A-OPC Tunnel.

-MikeP

Mike

Although i do not racer in NAMBA i do beleave that the needle valve and the sharpening of the lower unit are OK. However i dout any type of intake mod is legal.

Sounds like as long as the intake was not cut up in anyway that you should be able to return the boat to OPC.

Hea FROG members..am i right?

Grim

Holy cow..

Hea gang,,its Jack Garcia... :eek:

As OB racers we must welcome Jack to the board.

Welcome to the board Mr garcia.. ;D

Grimracer ;D

Thanks for the replys, and the email address for the chairman. I still have time to fix things if I need to before I venture south to Las Vegas!

-MikeP

Hi Guy's

Welcome aboard Jack.

With the knowledge and experience amassing on this board there will be no excuse for us all not getting our boats set-up well and turning quick times.

It's great to be part of this forum.

Yeah!

GT ;D

Thank you all for the welcome. :D

Hope I can be of a little help to you rookies just starting out.

Hello Mr. Garcia

" GREEN NEWBEE BOATER "

I resemble that remark !!! :p

BOY O BOY !! DO WE HAVE EXPERTISE ON THIS FORUM !!!

Welcome Mr. Garcia !!!!

Jeez, finally someone older than me that runs model tunnel boats!!! Great to have you aboard, Jack.

About the O.S., in NAMBA Stock, you can run a remote needle/mixture control but the stock needle-valve assembly must also be in place. This cost Rudy Formanek a second or third place finish at the last NAMBA Nats. Rudy had been running his boat in 7.5 Mod and simply forgot to install the K&B remote needle-valve when he entered the boat in 7.5 Stock. There was no performance gain by eliminating the the K&B needle, but that's the way the rule reads.

You are not allowed to make any modifications to the carb.

Jerry D.

Thanks Dunny,

Thought I'd stick my nose in here and see what's happening in the land of womp womps.

And you know that there's a soft spot in my heart for "A" OPC. ;)

Back